115 2 STROKE YAMAHA ENGINE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grutus

Reaction score
My 1800cc 2stroke 115hp engine is stuck in the upright position. In the past I just had to put the battery power on both and the engine would go down but not this time. The motor that moves the engine down makes noise but the motor does not move down.

I added marine grease to the upper zurke fittings but it did not help. Any idea?
thanks,
AZTEC GOLD

Sounds like the battery has enough power to make it grunt.....Check and charge the batteries.

Both batteries are fully charged and that was the first thing I checked! but I thank you for your info.
:lol:

OK.....The next thing in line are cable ends.......cables......battery switch.

I've seen a LOT of crap out there. Using bare copper ends. :( ....... Not using proper heat shrink. :(

Might want to check the fluid level in the hydraulic pump reservoir.

Thanks for the info and tip on fixing the yamaha outboard trim tilt.
I have a friend who is a Yamaha technical and he came over to look at the motor.
He loosen the screw on the port side of the engine and the motor moved down. He also check the hydraulic fluid and it was good.
He told me that I might consider replacing the trim tilt (gaskets.)
Bottom line is I am going to carry a large screw driver on my boat in case this happens again. :D
Again thanks for your help!!

Back