Drain oil and yellow streaks

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I drained the oil Suzuki 250 - 2015. Using Suzuki synthetic 10-40. This oil had 100 hours. Most of the oil came out 9 qt and it looked ok. As I razed the motor to get more oil to drain out I saw a yellow streak. It doesn't look like water. Oil doesn't look milky. Like I said that yellow streak didn't come out until the end of the drain.

Attachments

• IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 244
OK technically Suzuki oil is a semi synthetic. They only have to put a dab of synthetic in it to call it that.

That said...My 400hr change is going to Amsoil 10W40 Marine.

But here is my question.....You say 100hrs.....But what is the time length? 6months......1yr.......2yr?

I took a sample to my Suzuki dealer this morning and and also showed them the picture. They both said it's normal. If you idle the motor a lot ( I do ) motor will get condensation. They seen a lot of Suzuki like that. My buddy who it a mechanic in Delaware for Suzuki said the same think to me last night when I showed him the picture. He said change the oil every 50 hours not 100. What will stop it is putting higher thermostats in. So did the Suzuki mechanic say put higher thermostats. He also said 100 hours is to long. Do it every 50 or 75 max.

How long did I wait. I change the oil in July of this year but at 50 hours. From July to yesterday I did 100 hours. The Suzuki mechanic said to do what I did. When draining the oil after it stopped raising the motor will drain 1/2 qt more. That's what I did and that's when that yellow crap came out. Also I found out this. On this site it tells you how to service Suzuki motors. It tell you to take all 3 screw out for draining lower unit oil. But when you fill it at bottom the oil starts to come out the vent screw oil and not the oil fill hole. I asked that question also. Two ways of doing it. Don't take out the vent screw at all or screw in the vent screw when oil comes out and them pump more oil in until oil comes out the fill hole. Then wait 10 minutes and pump more in until oil come out. That's what I did and that's what Suzuki mechanic said to do. If you never replaced your internal zinc on motor do it !!! The one at bottom where you need to take the out side cowl off, those screw get frozen. One was so frozen I had to drill it out. The bolt goes through the lower unit housing and the shaft of the bolt get frozen to the housing. Put lots of grease on them when putting back.

I was wondering if the motor had sat for more than a year to get to the 100hr mark.

Just sitting around can develope condensation.

I don't know about all that 2 screws - 3 screws in the foot. I've never had a problem with one.

I've done all my outside anodes and checked 2 of the interianal's The internals are getting done at the 400hr mark.

warthog5":1hzzfdrf said:
I was wondering if the motor had sat for more than a year to get to the 100hr mark.

Just sitting around can develope condensation.

I don't know about all that 2 screws - 3 screws in the foot. I've never had a problem with one. Motor did not sit. I changed the oil in June 2017. From June to yesterday, it had water in oil. Condensation. I'm changing the oil every 75 hours for now on.
It's not a problem, if you take all 3 screws out the oil comes out of the vent hole and if you think it's filled at that point, it's not !!! You need to put the vent screw back in and pump more oil in. Just saying.
I've done all my outside anodes and checked 2 of the interianal's The internals are getting done at the 400hr mark.
First time replacing at 400 hours? You need to replace them every year. The first year they were half gone. The second year was the same. I just did them yesterday 3rd year and they were half gone again. I do them every 100 hours or one year. It's easy to do and they are cheap. The only one that's hard because the bolts gets frozen is the one at lower oil pan. Suzuki parts are less expensive then any other brand out there

My boat is a trailer boat....

it doesn't see as hard of use as you guys that leave them in the water all the time.

Back