Yammi pops out of water in reverse when I advance throttle

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iltfish

Reaction score
Hi Folks-I ran into a problem yesterday with my engine that I have never seen before. I am in a new marina with strong currents, so I need to give it some gas when in reverse to get into the slip. When I did this yesterday, the engine kicked out of the water and slammed back down when back in idle reverse. It did this a few times, but I eventually got into the slip. This worries me as I have never seen this before.
It’s a 1999 S200TXRX Saltwater series. The trim tilt seals were replaced last year for leaks. I did check that the manual release/bleed screw was tight. I also checked the trim tilt fluid level and bled the system by raising electrically and lowering manually with the bleeder screw a few times.

If anybody has encountered this before or has some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to talk to my local Yamaha mechanic this week, but figured I would ask here also. Thanks in advance!!!!

Back