Bennett Tabs - Hydraulic vs Electric

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350bake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a recommendation please on electric vs. hydraulic and any other suggestions from past tab experience. My boat is a 2000 2520 notched transom with 225 Yam Saltwater Series. I am overdue on purchasing tabs and fortunately for me, a Christmas present to myself this year. I understood Hydraulic was the preference with slipped boats but understand technology has improved with Electric. Also, I am thinking 24x9 is the correct size. Appreciate your input as looking to make the purchase this weekend post Christmas sales. Thanks, larry

Hi Larry,

Also post this over on the hull truth. Tabman checks in there frequently and he recently changed his opinion on slipped versus trailered boats and hydraulic over electric. As I mentioned, Bennett Bolts now have a life time warranty on the actuators. Good luck.

Thanks Tim. Posted on THT and received a response from the Tabman. I will look to get the Bennett (electric) Bolt in 24x9. Looking forward to installing and comparing the ride before/after which I am expecting will handle like a new boat.
Thanks again!
Larry

Back