Double your savings on Star*tron fuel additive

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
FYI: Winterizing season is coming ... here's 'How to' save 50% on Star*Tron use ... thanks :D to out own "Dave-J" for this info!

To: Johnston, David
Sent: Mon Sep 04 13:24:46 2006
Subject: RE: Star*brite 'Contact Us' Form Submission

David,

They are exactly the same product except the diesel formula is twice the concentration. So use the diesel at 1/2 the dosage and you have StarTron for Gas. Do not worry about over dosing as you can not. Double is fine.

93116.jpg

Wow! Now get this, West Marine sells 16-ounces of Star*Tron additive for $20 for either the gas or diesel formulation. Thus if you buy the diesel versus the gas formula ... you get twice as much product for your buck! FWIW, you can prove this for yourself here, as 16-ounces of the gas formula treats 256 gallons of gasoline while the same amount of the alleged 'diesel' formula treats 512 gallons of diesel fuel.

... provided you use 1/2-as-much as stated on the container ;) that is !

Yes-Your right, they are. I meet the saleman two years ago at Pepper Creek outfitters. I heard him tell the owner that they are the same. I called the company and only after asking him that ? over and over, did he say --Yes, they are the same. This is my 2nd. year using it.
I know many boat owners that do not use anything. They do have the new 10 mic. filter. Do we need to use it, now that they make the 10 mic. filter ?
If you do use it, do we have to use Ring guard ? If you add all the $ we have to put in our tanks. It's About $3.00 MORE per Gallon. Gas beening $3.50 + $3.00 = $6.50 a Gallon.

Back