Is 250 OX66 enough motor?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgator

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a 2520 DV. I've found an older boat that has a Yamaha 250 FI OX66. Based upon the current motor recommendations of Parker, that doesn't seem like enough motor.

I would appreciate any comments from those of you who run this combination. If you have any floscan numbers to document fuel burn that would be great.

Thanks for the help. I hope to be a Parker Owner shortly.

send a pm to John_Madison CT. He has one. I dont think he complains about a lack of power.

I have a 1998 2520 DV with a single 250 Zuke four stroke. Prior to the zuke I has 250 Ox 66. I have never felt the boat to be underpowered. If you have any concerns, I would suggest you sea trial the boat prior to purchase.

Brad

Yes, I have a single Yamaha 250hp. IMO, 95% of the time this is plenty of power. I can cruise around with a light load at 26-28mph at 4200RPM's..

When the boat gets loaded way down and the seas are heavy, then the boat could use more power, but these times are very far and few between.

All in all, I am very happy with my power choice.

John_Madison CT":h2g0s7ah said:
Yes, I have a single Yamaha 250hp. IMO, 95% of the time this is plenty of power. I can cruise around with a light load at 26-28mph at 4200RPM's..

When the boat gets loaded way down and the seas are heavy, then the boat could use more power, but these times are very far and few between.

All in all, I am very happy with my power choice.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

I have a 2002 2520DVSC with a SX250 on a notch. I regularly fish with six or seven people on the boat and it does just fine. Not real quick to jump up on top but it cruises at 25 knots and has gotten us through some scary weather. Good combo.

Back