Outboard Service

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris

Reaction score
Is it possible to change 4 stroke outboard fluids while in the water? I'm would like to know if its feasable to do the 100hr service in the water or does the boat need to be hauled.

Thanks,
Chris

Not probably feasible...and I'm not sure you would get a dealer/service center to do that anyway. Spilling oil/fuel onto the water can result in hefty fines.

Best approach is to pull it onto a trailer and take it to your dealer. If that is not possible, then motor it to a marina and have them pull it, perform the service, and then put it back in the water. They do this kind of stuff all the time.

Ask Kevin (Megabyte) about how he gets his services done. He has a 2520 and no trailer. I believe he motors to Deal, where Tri-State Marine will haul it onto one of their trailers and take it to the land-based shop.

Porkchunker":2rxad5ug said:
Ask Kevin (Megabyte) about how he gets his services done. He has a 2520 and no trailer. I believe he motors to Deal, where Tri-State Marine will haul it onto one of their trailers and take it to the land-based shop.

That is exactly what I do.

Spring and fall service is done by the dealer... and I take the boat to them.
It is a good deal for me. :wink:

Back