Four Blade Prop

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have a single 250 but twin 225s. Depending on the prop you have now if could make a big difference or not so big difference. It made a big difference on mine because I had 13" diameter props so going up to the Rev 4 which is 14.75 helped alot with slip when loaded up. Not to mention the sternlift it gave me and how well it held the boat. However if you have the bigger saltwater series prop like 15.25" diameter then you might notice it as much. Also, check your motor height. I found I could come up 2 holes from where I was. That made the biggest difference in helping me ride more level and getting the bow down. I know some guys have had luck with powertech. I have only tried the Bravo and Rev 4 and ended up with 19 pitch Rev 4s. Prop gods has both manufacturers and will let you try them out.

ex300s

Everything Brad said. I have a 2008 2520XL with a 250 Four Stroke. I recently installed a Mercury Rev 4 X 17. It made a very big difference over the stock prop especially in reverse for backing into a slip and gave me a lot of stern lift. Better cruise and alot smoother.
Depending on what type of seas you are in there is a Mirage plus prop on the For sale section that is the second choice for most guys.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=7892

Attachments

• DCP_0031 (Medium).jpg
    DCP_0031 (Medium).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 2,216
I saw there were flotorque hub kits sold by merc as well. Which supposedly dampens vibration etc(i think). Is this somehting anyone has used? Is it needed?

I am upgrading to Rev 4 17 this spring from stock prop and just looking for info.

thanks

If you have vibration then get the prop checked by a local prop shop. It is possible that even a brand new prop is slightly off.

I posted this question on propgods.com:

I'm driving a 2006 Parker 2520xl with single F250 four-stroke. I primarily use the boat in the Chesepeake Bay and inshore (VA Beach area)...occasionally I will run 15-20 miles offshore under moderate sea conditions. I want to replace my stock black Yamaha prop with a SS 4-blade prop. Can you recommend the correct or preferred prop for this make/model application? Thanks.

I received this response:

"We tested that boat with a couple of props.
The Mirage Plus is a 3 blade, the OFS4 and Rev 4 are both 4 blades.
The OFS4 cost $450 shipped.
The Rev 4 cost $494 and you need a hub kit for $35.

The Rev 4 was a little faster on top end, but both gave good lift and held the boat well.

Smooth Conditions.
Little over 1/2 tank of fuel.
2 people.

17 pitch Yamaha black stainless
4000rpm 20mph 2.1mpg
4500rpm 25mph
5000rpm 30mph
5900rpm 40mph

17 pitch Mirage Plus
4000rpm 16mph
4500rpm 27mph
5000rpm 34mph 2.2mpg
6000rpm 40.5mph

17 pitch Revolution 4
4000rpm 22mph 2.0mpg
4500rpm 30mph 2.2mpg
5000rpm 35mph 2.3mpg
5800rpm 40mph

17 pitch Powertech OFS
4000rpm 20mph 1.9mpg
4500rpm 27.5mph 2.2mpg
5000rpm 35mph 2.3mpg
5900rpm 38mph "

Tested the new rev fours today and they did work well. Changing over from stock yam 19

Regarding engine height-we are in the lowest hole. I am considering moving up 2 holes when we haul out. What do you think? I can only change when we haul (once a year)since I do not have a trailer. Is moving it up 2 too aggressive? Should I just move up one?

Thanks

Hulls are apples and oranges but I am running a Powertech OFX instead of the OFS. The OFX is more aggressive of a prop than the OFS but tested much better on my hull. When talking with prop gods, you may want to ask about that prop..

The thing I like best with this prop vs the rev 4 I had on my previous boat is that it allows me to hold plane at slower speeds. My rev 4 would lose bite when the boat was "bogged down" between displacement and planing speed.

OFS4 – 15.25” diameter, available in 15” to 27” pitch, 4 blade, right and left hand rotation, moderate high rake with full tip, good for single engine and twin engine offshore applications and sterndrives.

OFX4 – 15.25” diameter, available in 14” to 28” pitch, 4 blade, right and left hand rotation, moderately high rake, high aspect ratio x-cut geometry, aggressive cupping, better grip and motor elevation capability than OFS3, used on many high performance flats, bays, and muscle boats, specially where grip is at a premium.

ptech_props_148.jpg

newbf2_723.jpg

what about using a 4 blade prop on a f250 on a 2320 has anyone tried---?i did a search cant find any info,is raising the engine is a must????

thanks
dave

My situation varies from yours as I have a Suzuki DF 300 rather than the Yamaha F250. Although I have managed successfully with a stock Suzuki 16" diameter 17" pitch I was of the opinion a different prop would give better performance. After careful consideration and discusions with Powerteck and Ed at San Diego Prop I opted for a 4blade Powertech prop. The diameter was also 16" and pitch was 17". Last Monday I splashed the boat and encountered 2-3 foot chop and experienced a completely new ride. Prior with the 3 blade at 4500rpm I was running 24-25 mph. With the 4 blade at 4100rpm I was running 26mph. Needless to say the numbers are exciting. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to run down to LA Harbor to fuel and test the max rpm inside the harbor.
Good luck with your new boat and I hope this info helps

Greg ( Redondo Beach )

I have a rather basic question. What is the simpliest/easiest way to raise the motor (per Fish FActory's recommendation)?

Catfish":2clexsmq said:
ex300s

Everything Brad said. I have a 2008 2520XL with a 250 Four Stroke. I recently installed a Mercury Rev 4 X 17. It made a very big difference over the stock prop especially in reverse for backing into a slip and gave me a lot of stern lift. Better cruise and alot smoother.
Depending on what type of seas you are in there is a Mirage plus prop on the For sale section that is the second choice for most guys.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=7892

Avata,
Sorry to bring this back from the grave but you still a believer in the Mercury Rev 4 x 17? I have the twin boat 2007 with the Yamaha f250, motor on second lowest hole, when I trim up I hit the rev limiter with my stock stainless 15.25x17, have had a lot of luck with a 4 blade on my pontoon. Thoughts or anyone else want to chime in?

2320 pilothouse":1grxnrgx said:
what about using a 4 blade prop on a f250 on a 2320 has anyone tried---?i did a search cant find any info,is raising the engine is a must????

thanks
dave
Hey man, my 2013 2320 has a 4 blade and I'm extremely impressed on how well the boat rides, gets on plane and overal speed and performance. I'm honestly suprised on how many people say the 300hp is the only way to go on the 2320. Full tank of fuel, 2 people loaded down cruises at 32mph at 4300rpms maintaining 1.9-2.0mpg. The power is something else. The gentlemen I bought the boat from did research and picked the best prop for what his needs were. Trolling for albacore I'm around 7-8kts at only 1600rpms. I will send you the specs on this prop when I get home. I want to say it's a revolution 4 SS prop. But I'm sure they come in different pitches and sizes so I will send those to you. The only way to go on the 2320 IMO

Back