Outstanding puppy drum action

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
Had an outstanding 2 1/2 hours of fishing the jetty behind Shackleford banks Saturday morning. While the original plan was to catch speckled trout, we hit a puppy drum blitz of epic proportions. Non stop 15 - 17" pups with 8 keeper size (+18") fish and a couple nice specks - 2 20" and 1 16" - thrown in. I stopped counting when my buddy and I hit 50. It was a fish every cast for the first 45 minutes and we never went more than 4 casts without a fish or hit until they just up and quit. I could have caught more but when I boated the first speck, I started probing all around looking for more and straying from 'the spot'. They were bunched up on one section of the jetty and any cast in there resulted in a hit or hookup . I kept switching colors and lures trying to tempt the trout I was sure were around, and was rewarded with a few. When I was ready to get another drum, a cast back to 'the spot' was all it took. I know they weren't monsters but not much pulls harder and is more fun on light tackle than a drum.

Dang, another one of those pics that shows OK when I open it but not in the forum. I have tried to rotate and save and no luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 195
Nice Mark. I was in town Sat but was busy entertaining. Water was nice a flat around he beaches. I wanted to get out too, darn. Happy for you though on a great day!

Congrats on a great day! Gotta love it when the fish are practically jumping in the boat!!

-Mike

Back