First stripers in my 21se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriplePlay

Reaction score
Found some bass on the snag and drop north of Barnegat inlet last week. Felt great to break the boat in! Went 4 for 6 all fish released

B0A7E683-2C1F-45DE-AC39-A578FFD37114_zpsv8vtr2cn.jpg

DEE12168-C47B-4614-B1FA-75860DA1075D_zpsd0dh7rsf.jpg

459C58E7-8957-43BE-9E4E-360A9BEC2AD2_zpsj5djn6fl.jpg

Great fish and great boat.! How far south from you is the migration? Just finishing up a month and a half of an intense work schedule, but hope I'm not too late for a few striper trips. Just pulled the boat out of the slip in Cape may, but will trailer to lower bay, say Fortescue, NJ. Again, if I'm not too late.

Jersey Jim":2w0485er said:
Great fish and great boat.! How far south from you is the migration? Just finishing up a month and a half of an intense work schedule, but hope I'm not too late for a few striper trips. Just pulled the boat out of the slip in Cape may, but will trailer to lower bay, say Fortescue, NJ. Again, if I'm not too late.
Thanks guys!
Jim, I heard there is a large body of fish off the AC area as of last weekend which should be making their way down soon. Sadly I predict the majority of the fish will follow the bait and stay in the ocean. I grew up fishing the Delaware bay and we used to do great in the fall chunking but recently it seems that the fish pass the bay by. Last few years the troll bite off cape may has been red hot in late November/early December so you definitley aren't too late! I did however have one good trip in the bay last year around the second week in December until the commercial bunker season closed and couldn't get bait.. Spring has been a totally different story as this past spring was excellent down there.

Back