Ches Bay Rockfishin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akholmes

Reaction score
Crew and I got tired of getting skunked fishing the lower bay out of Hampton so Monday we moved the boat up the bay a bit to Gwynns Island to finish out rock season. First trip out of there Tuesday morning at first light... ran across. Found LOTS birds working over The Cell. Trolled them for 30min or so picking off small 18"ers. Decided to get off of the birds and set up an eel drift for some real fish. Bout an hour into our drift on incoming current we landed a 32"er for the box. Continued that drift without any other bites. As the current went slack we drifted over some incredible marks so I tied on a vertical jig and dropped it down... 2 pops of the rod and had a 25"er. Handed the rod to my buddy, couple jigs and a nice 28-29" fish gives him a hack of a fight on LT. Caught 1 more 22"ish fish for the limit, all in about 5min. Released another 20 or so 22-25" fish (1 dink) for about an hour and ran for Gwynns to clean fish and boat. Memorable trip!

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 271
Back