NC inshore sea bass

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
Only had a couple hours, but it was too nice of a day to waste. Ran to a nearshore reef in 65' and picked up this nice 4 lb sea bass, a nice surprise in that close. We had over 50 in 3 hours, with 9 that kept. 4 including this one were over 2.5 lbs. Also picked up a several flounder, one of which kept at 18", and the others right on the line. May have made it if we stepped on them. :lol: All in all a great couple of hours. I wish I would have had more time as it was dead flat on the ride out, cruised 30mph at 3.2 mpg. It would have be a great day to go 20+ and hit the 100' line - where you can really get into the bigger ones along with other tasty critters. Wind did pick up in the afternoon, but it was a short chop and still rode in at 27 and 2.8. Hope to catch another nice day soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1909 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1909 (Small).JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 235
Nice Black Sea Bass Mark. Did you go to AR330/Indra? I had good luck there with the Black Sea Bass a couple of years ago in December. Congrats on a good winter day out. Always a great thing.

shawnee83":2ziqonyo said:
Nice Black Sea Bass Mark. Did you go to AR330/Indra? I had good luck there with the Black Sea Bass a couple of years ago in December. Congrats on a good winter day out. Always a great thing.
Yep, spent the whole time over the Indra since the action was pretty consistent. I've done pretty good there too during the winter. That is biggest I've seen this close. Usually happy to see 16 - 18", that was 21.

Back