Umbrella Rigs in the bay??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltyfish

Reaction score
For those of us running only 6-7 lines trolling for spring striper in the Ches Bay,
do folks think running a pair of umbrella rigs is effective,
or are you running all tandem rigs?

Thanks,

Bryce

I wish I could say "no", they're not effective because they are so demon heavy and you need a really big fish to feel the fight. The truth, however, is they are probably the most effective rig in the bay. If I were running 6,7 rods I would at a minimum have 2 of them umbrellas. In fact, I would try 2 and then tandems but if the bite was slow, I'd switch out 2 more umbrella rigs. That's just my opinion however but I doubt even the people who don't like to run them would agree, they're extremely effective.

Best of luck

I only light tackle jig, BUT I have several buddies that run charter boats or mate on them, as well as a few rec. guys that troll in the Spring. To answer your question - YES, they are insanely effective. Some swear by using chartreuse paddle tails and others white. I would say run one of each and decide.

MadGar":h2056lj3 said:
I wish I could say "no", they're not effective because they are so demon heavy and you need a really big fish to feel the fight. The truth, however, is they are probably the most effective rig in the bay. If I were running 6,7 rods I would at a minimum have 2 of them umbrellas. In fact, I would try 2 and then tandems but if the bite was slow, I'd switch out 2 more umbrella rigs. That's just my opinion however but I doubt even the people who don't like to run them would agree, they're extremely effective.

Best of luck
X2

Back