Big Bass

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
Got this one yesterday on a chrome spoon. Tad over 50 inches in length and 31 inch girth. It was 52 on the hand scale but I guess I should have got it weighed by a certified scale because according to the charts it should have weighed about 56 lbs

Attachments

• bass52.jpg
    bass52.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 397
Gotta love a big rockfish!! I hate we don't get them down here anymore. Not in the ocean anyway. And the ones in the river are certainly not that big!! Nice job, congrats!!

Thanks. I had a guest with me and if I had another fish in the boat I would have set her free, she was already spawned out so I didn't feel that bad.Previous to this trip I was doing fairly well in the bay with clam but a 34" was my biggest besides a 45-50 lb drum. Wind hasn't stopped here so looks like I won't get another shot till Monday. It's a 25-30 mile run so I need a decent weather window.

Gorgeous fish, congrats!

Please don't take this the wrong way, and I'm not lecturing, but virtually any striper over 34" is a breeding size female and each one we harvest is one less to continue breeding. On my boat and many others I fish with, anything over 34" goes back into the drink.

Most of the time I do put them back and this fish was spawned out already but we decided to take it, not the end of the world brother.

Back