Parker launching via forklift

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Florida, that's very common. High & dry or rack storage marinas do this a hundred times a day. Predictably some drivers have more skills than others but, if you think about it, most of the weight of the boat is located low and near the stern so although the boat seems to bounce around on the lift, it's really pretty stable. I wish we had that method available in Maine but the tide is so extreme that it's not a practical method. Messing with the Brownell hydraulic trailer is a pain in the butt. Especially to do minor maintenance, swap a prop or the like.

I've often wondered how these operators receive training. I'm guessing that it's all OJT. Now THAT'S scary!

My 2520 goes in & out like that every time I go fishing. Never a scratch put on her by Capt. Sandy, the fork lift operator & boat wrangler at Harker's Island . :)

I don't know where those skills come from but I sure didn't receive them when I took the mandatory company required fork lift operator courses way back when I worked for a living.

Impressive to be sure.

Back