Any NC Parker sharkers out there?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkman

Reaction score
About to put my 100th hr on my 2017 Parker 1801, and after what I have put her through I can honestly say I'm am consistently impressed with the build quality and stability of this boat! Are there any other small boat big shark fisherman out there? :roll:

Congrats on your new 1801 Sharkman. Good to hear she is performing well for you. You may want to update your profile with location so folks know where you run out of. May help in future with questions etc.. I like catching sharks if they want to bite my hook. Not the best fisherman but learning. Good luck!

Appreciate the reply and I typically launch from Morehead City... I'll definitely update the profile and good luck to you as well!

Hello Sharkman,

I didn't see this post earlier because I don't usually hit the fishing forum on this site. I own a 1996 2520 and fish some of the same waters as you do.

I keep the boat on a cradle @ Harker's Island and fish both sides of the shoals out to about 30 miles.

I and my fishing partners have caught more sharks than we ever thought possible. Very few of those sharks were the targeted species of the day. The largest shark that we actually brought to the boat was a Bull that was over seven feet long! It was caught at the Atlas wreck about two years ago. That shark totally wore out three ancient mariners before we could get it to the boat and release it.

The largest sharks we have ever seen around here were two Tigers swimming around the same wreck. The beam of the 2520 is
9 1/2 ft. and they were at least a foot longer than that. They were not the snaggle tooth Sand Tigers but the true Tiger Sharks.

Back