Cape Lookout Trout

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkA

Reaction score
Made it to the Cape Lookout jetty since the wind prevented chasing kings. Action was steady all day and kept moving up and down the jetty to get away from the spikes until we found some better fish. Couldn't pick up that last spec to make our limit of 8, but ended up with mostly 16"-18" fish. Got into a school of big grays at the end, a real nice flurry that lasted 45 minutes. Too bad we could only keep 1 apiece. Put a 20" and 22" in the box and threw back over 20, with 5 19" and nothing under 15". Best school of grays I've seen in awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_2449 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2449 (Medium).JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2444 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2444 (Medium).JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 281
Nice ones Mark. Congrats. You are a much better fisherman than me. I got a decent Albacore right between the bight and the jetty along the drop off a few weeks ago. It was the last weekend in Oct. Beautiful weather that Fr/Sat. Pulled my lines in at the Cape about 6pm and caught a perfect sunset as I entered the Morehead Inlet. Will be back down one more time to hopefully get a few of those Trout at the Jetty and put Cat’s Cradle up for the season. Maybe I’ll see you out there?

Attachments

• 70E2A02B-C4E2-45CF-BBB3-8D599EB13B4D.jpeg
    70E2A02B-C4E2-45CF-BBB3-8D599EB13B4D.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 3A6A1843-4BEC-4E91-9D88-41234AFC01F0.jpeg
    3A6A1843-4BEC-4E91-9D88-41234AFC01F0.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 271
Nice sunset shot! Yea, those albies are a blast, especially on light tackle. They are still busting nearshore if you feel like chasing after them. I find it really frustrating as they are really fast and really picky when casting to them. We got a couple big ones, pushing 20 lbs, last Monday fishing for kings at NW places. Those things will burn some line and don't give up at the end. I didn't post a report, but we limited out on snake kings, all around 8 or 9 lbs last Monday. My brother was down for a long weekend and the wind was oppressive. I really wanted to get him on the kings. We gave it a go on Sunday, the further out I got the worse it was. Gave up and hit the jetty. Sometimes things work out! The trout should be around for at least another month, holler if you get down and want to go.

Definitely will. May come thanksgiving weekend weather permitting. If not that weekend I’m going to go the first weekend the weather is decent up to Christmas weekend. Keeping all of those weekends open for the opertunity. Talked later.

Back