Free Season Long Chesapeake Bay Striper Contest

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatron

Reaction score
Tri-State Marine (Deale, Maryland) is excited to announce a great new fishing contest exclusively for Parker Owner's (and their crews). The competition will start with the beginning of the Spring Trophy Rockfish (Striped Bass) Season in April and end on November 30, 2008. There are very few rules, so participation will be easy.

1) All fish must be caught (in season) on a Parker Boat in the Chesapeake Bay or it's tributaries on hook and line.

2) Successful anglers must weigh and measure their catch, as well as take a clear photograph of the angler and their fish. The photograph, data, and date of catch must be mailed (Tri-State Marine P.O. Box 379, Deale, Maryland 20751), e-mailed ([email protected]), or delivered to Tri-State Marine. Please include the angler's name, Captains name, Boat name and model. (A brief description of where and how caught would be a nice addition, but not required).

3) Entries must be received by the 5th day of the following month (i.e. a picture and data from a fish caught in April must be received by Tri-State by May 5th). Any fish to be counted for November must be received by November 30, 2008.

4) No entries will be accepted after November 30, 2008!

There will be two categories, adults and anglers age 13 and under. At the end of each month a winner will be declared in both categories and a prize will be awarded to each. Grand Prize Winners will be announced for the largest fish registered during the contest in each category.

On Satuday, December 6, 2008 Tri-State Marine will host an awards banquet for all of the contest's participants. At this ceremony we will present Grand Prizes to both our "Top Parker Angler of the Year" and our "Top Parker Youth Angler of the Year".

We hope you will find this to be a worthwhile and enjoyable contest, one which we intend to promote for many years to come. Your participation and that of many other Parker owners will ensure it's success.

We look forward to seeing the pictures of your catch!

Megabyte, When are you taking me fishing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow Ron! Makes me wish I was a Parker owner. Nice idea :!:

B-Faithful":xwblt8e2 said:
Megabyte, When are you taking me fishing :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe that we can make arrangements... :lol:

I'll need to buy a scale though. I typically measure and photo before releasing, and have never worried about weight before.
Could get dicey with a fiesty blue or spaniard. :shock:

Count me in!

Megabyte":y1g392ow said:
I'll need to buy a scale though. I typically measure and photo before releasing, and have never worried about weight before.
Ahhhhh, we've seen the pictures of them perch youse catch ... make sure your scale measure ounces ;) !

DaleH":2gtla3zn said:
Ahhhhh, we've seen the pictures of them perch youse catch ... make sure your scale measure ounces ;) !

Ouch! :lol:

DSCN0005.JPG

I went to BPS last week and bought a Rapala 50# digital scale specifically for this event.
I've never weighed my fish in the past - only measuring them. This will be a first for me! :)

Took my 10 yr old son down to Tristate to pick up his April prize. Ron was very nice. took a pic of him in his new Parker Visor and T shirt with his new tackle box with some nice lures, rigs etc.. Very nice of Tristate. Looked at the several Parkers in inventory. Had not been there in 15 years... good fun.

Dawn told me about this on Monday when I picked up my boat and she was covering the Tri-State gas dock. She gave me 5 cents a gallon off the fill-up too, because she felt bad that they had sold me a boat with an empty tank!

Back