Lewmar Profish 700 install on 2330

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a long time since I've posted! Unfortunately been too busy to do much work on the boat (any spare time has been focused on USING it instead!).

I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a windlass.

I've pored through the archives and unfortunately because of *#$*&%!%^ Photobucket, 99% of the images cannot be seen.

I'm looking for anyone that has pictures of their horizontal type windlass on their Parker that shows how they managed the gap between the deck and the pulpit.

My foredeck just has a small covered hawespipe aft of where the pulpit ends. I'm assuming I'll need to have a "platform" fabricated that matches the height of the pulpit and then through-bolt that over the existing hole above the anchor locker.

Thanks in advance for those photos or any other advice/ideas related to the installation of a Profish 700.

Brent

PKS1801":19yxzyxv said:
I don't see why the base of the windlass has to be level with the top of the pulpit. The chain/rode where it engages the top of the gypsy is about 5 inches above the base.

Definitely one of the things I’m wondering about. I’m worried about the chain chafing the pulpit.

I’m also curious about what setups people use to secure the chain while underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thanks to Photobuckets BS you can't see my pix's...But I have a raised mount to get the windless higher and the rode running higher , so the chain does not rub the pulpit.

I dont understand the question about securing the chain.

SBH2OMan":7hta37an said:
Definitely one of the things I’m wondering about. I’m worried about the chain chafing the pulpit.

I’m also curious about what setups people use to secure the chain while underway.

You could always put a thin piece of starboard on the pulpit for protection from the chain.
As for a safety, I used a snap that was secured to the cleat by a piece of parachute cord.
It is partially hidden in this photo, but I think you can get the idea.
The safety was there just in case the rode lock released (it never did).

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 101
Thanks gents. I guess I was referring to what sorts of “rode locks” people have set up and how they are installed.

Megabyte, is that some sort of chafing guard you have installed over your chain? (The black wrap).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBH2OMan":2psszow7 said:
Megabyte, is that some sort of chafing guard you have installed over your chain? (The black wrap).

Yes. It's a piece of water pipe insulation.
You can get it in black or white.

Back