Furuno navnet 3D no longer supported ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just understand what your getting into.

No support means it's obsolete when you buy a used one....Understand I didn't say the product was no good. I'd bet it would all function just fine.....Furuno is and has been good stuff, but there is more user friendly stuff out there.

For
example.....GPS antennas are obsolete on a new install. They are built into the face of the MFD. That means no mounting of the puck....No running cables to it.

For the most user friendly stuff..GARMIN!

ChumOn":3vqz73vp said:
EO Feb 2018
http://www.furuno.com/en/newstopics/product/738
I wanted to buy the 3d used... Should this stop me? What should I be aware of?

NN3D system is still supported, just no longer sold or marketed. I have gotten to know the East Coast general manager of Furuno USA by meeting him through fishing and he told me that because of many big Govt contracts, Furuno tries to support their units up to 10 years after they are discontinued. (heck they serviced and repaired my fathers old 25+year old GP unit) If you look at the USCG rib boats out there right now, 95%+ are running Furuno NN3D systems. They are commercial grade units built to last. Furuno just has moved more towards their touch screens. The NavNet 3D units are actually TimeZero units (TZ) just with buttons vs the newer TimeZero Touch units.. TZT and TZT2. The support of the NN3D is not going anywhere soon.

Here is the key line to the notice:
Please note that our dealers will continue to deliver customer support for our NavNet3D.

To me the support is what makes Furuno the best.

I agree that the user interface is a bit cumbersome compared to most units on the market. However once you get used to it, it is not much more difficult than any other unit. See tutorials here on how to use the NN3D interface: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 7B3A9B2B7E

Now for the NEW Furuno units, I have to say that they are as simple if not MORE simple to use than any other unit on the market, especially the TZT2. The TZT2 units are android based user interface so if you know how to use a smartphone you can use a TZT2. I am hired to run others boats with both Garmin 7616xsv and Simrad NSS system and will say that Furuno is the most simple to use. Everything is edge swipe and the functions are easiest to use on the Furuno. I am biased because I do run my Furuno TZT2 the most . However things like toggling between 3D charts (when running) and 2D charts (when fishing) is one touch of the screen vs going in and out of menus on the Garmin. Also things like depth shading the charts is a simple edge swipe then touch the shading menu to adjust the depth parameters vs going into other menus on the Garmin. I also love the fact that there are better chart options with the Furuno system and switching from say raster to vector charts or overlaying satellite photos is a simple edge swipe single menu system.

Back