Garmin 7212?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine. Only problem I have is tuning the radar in a chop.... I'm a captain by trade and I'm used to console sized radars with knobs.... Other than that it's great!
Easy to view screen no matter what!

coastie743":2f2e7hi6 said:
Anyone running a Garmin 7212? What are your thoughts? Found some good deals out there on them now

This comment is for the 76xx series, not 7612 in particular, but might pertain across the series. Whenever I engage power from the house batteries to power the helm, my 7608xsv powers up, without even pressing the plotter's power button. This can go unnoticed under the screen cover and stay powered up, although it's easy enough to press and hold the power button to shut it off in the normal way. Am going to power it through a panel switch when I get a chance. I wonder if anyone else experiences this? Other than that, I love the unit. Takes 2 transducers directly (8-pin & 12-pin) without an external interface box. I tried to get Parker to install a 7610 from the factory this summer but they claimed they only offered as big as 7608. Once it arrived, I saw that they could have fit it. I should have had them leave that out when I had them omit the transducer. But i still like it a lot, especially for side-scan.

Yesterday I posted some 7608 side-scan images (in this section) in Tiderunner's thread, titled "2100SE Transducer rigging question".

Back