2100SE Transducer Rigging Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiderunner

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2014 2100SE the boat is a new leftover and I am getting ready to install electronics. Looking for recommendations for transducer install. Has anyone put a Downview/Sideview transducer on this hull and if so where did you mount it. I have attached a couple of pics that show the transom.

Attachments

• 20160115_083346.jpg
    20160115_083346.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 420
  • 20160115_083354.jpg
    20160115_083354.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 420
I have installed plenty of transducers, just have not installed 1 on a 2100SE with the stepped in transom. Instructions say to mount it at least 1' away from the motor, the mounting surface gets progressively smaller as you move out from the keel. Was looking for someone who installed a xdcr close to the keel on a 2100SE and how well it works.

Yes.... Your X-ducer and that steeped hull present problems.

No way to put it where it needs to be and if installed above the step, you'll have air bubbles running across the face of the X-ducer which will blind it.

I ran into this on a Cape Horn with a Raymarine Dragonfly....... Installed a thru hull instead at a greater expense. No it was not a side shooter.

By the way... I hate Raymarine. It's cheaply built and not user friendly.

I had the Airmar Bronze B60-20 degree tilted element thru-hull transducer installed on my 2016 21SE.Best thing I did.Never lose bottom,even at full throttle.

saltwaterspecie":1ujtiwgk said:
I had the Airmar Bronze B60-20 degree tilted element thru-hull transducer installed on my 2016 21SE.Best thing I did.Never lose bottom,even a full throttle.

That's what I'd install. :D

Thanks for the responses, I am installing a Garmin Echomap Chirp 94 SV with a GT51TM xdcr. I will post some pics after I test it.

How did the test go with you Echo map chirp 94sv transducer? I just installed the same unit on my 2110WA and I am losing depth at speed. ANything similar with you?

Tiderunner":1rft1u05 said:
Thanks for the responses, I am installing a Garmin Echomap Chirp 94 SV with a GT51TM xdcr. I will post some pics after I test it.

Tiderunner, I am anxious to learn how you like that transducer. I will probably go with the GT50-TM for using 455 khx & 800 khz. How do you use your bottom scanning, on 260khz or 455 khz? Do you see a big difference in quality between the 2 frequencies? I am particularly interested in the "shallower than 100 feet" depths.

The unit works very well and I do not lose the bottom at any speed, I have only used it in shallow water less than 50' and I do not see any major difference between the frequencies. I mainly use the side scan while trolling along bridges. Sorry about the delayed response, had a family medical issue. I mounted my transducer 6" to starboard of the drain plug. That was as far off center as I could go due to the height of the mounting bracket.

Tiderunner":2qdk3ppx said:
The unit works very well and I do not lose the bottom at any speed, I have only used it in shallow water less than 50' and I do not see any major difference between the frequencies. I mainly use the side scan while trolling along bridges. Sorry about the delayed response, had a family medical issue. I mounted my transducer 6" to starboard of the drain plug. That was as far off center as I could go due to the height of the mounting bracket.
Glad to hear it worked well. I ended up with a GT52HW-TM, 3-in-one, transom-mount, all 3 modes are "chirp". As you, I also do not lose bottom at any speed. For side/bottom scan, I went with the 455/800 khz model instead of the 260/455 khz of the GT51M-TM. I mostly use the sonar shallower than 100 feet, so 800 khz the better choice, and still have the 455 khz for when/if I go deeper. I couldn't be happier with it. At only 6" long, it's not that cumbersome of a transducer. Once I set the position and angle of it before splashing the boat on August 30th, I haven't needed to make an adjustment yet. I'll see if I can dig up an image (from phone camera) of a screenshot when first learning to use it.

Attachments

• Wreck 1.jpg
    Wreck 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Wreck 4.jpg
    Wreck 4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 227
  • Wreck 5.jpg
    Wreck 5.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 226
  • Wreck 6.jpg
    Wreck 6.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 226
Jersey Jim
Do you leave your boat in the water? If so how do you keep barnacles off it?

Could ya’ll post a pic of your transducer mount please? I just bought another unit today and am going to install the transom transducer. I’m assuming you put in under the step and down at the drain plug.

Thanks!

Flashing means you lost bottom......Yea Those transom stepped hull's can be a Bitch to mount to.

To me they are more suited to a Thru hull X-Ducer.

Tiderunner":3myiew4q said:
Any follow up on how it is working? Looking to install a Garmin transom mount to upgrade my B60 on the same hull. Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I know that this is an old thread, but those screw heads barely span the slot in that mounting bracket. I would definitely add some flat stainless steel washers for better support.

Thats actually the hardware that comes with it....It's not as bad as the pix makes it seem....

Oh.......and look REAL close....There is a 3rd screw :)

Back