Navigation/Anchor light issues

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In2Deep

Reaction score
2004 2120SC. Not sure if it's a common problem but my dash switch turns on both the nav and anchor light in either position? Anyone had this problem? Is there a resistor or capacitor blown? How can I check it?
Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong,but the navigation and anchor lights should both be on with the switch in the "navigation"position and only the anchor light should be on when the switch is in the "anchor"position?
With mine both lights come on in both switch positions. Definitely something wrong. I just located a wiring schematic from an old post,I'll try and troubleshoot it hopefully this weekend,and report back.
Cheers
Jerry

You are correct..... Either the switch has been changed.....Or it has a jumper installed in the wrong position.

I finally found a drawing that is easy to understand. But let me add this.

With the switch in it's panel....... NAV is usually at the TOP and ANC is at the bottom. When you move the switch from center/OFF to NAV/UP or TOP.....It's the bottom terminals that are HOT and where the NAV lights connect.....When the switch is moved to ANC/bottom/Down....It's the Top terminals that are Hot..... It works like a see-saw....If you follow that , it will be wired correctly.

IE: Follow the schematic, but wire it at the opposite ends from what the drawing shows.

See the center terminals in the drawing? V+ IN......That Lil Red jumper to the other center terminal is internal....IE: inside the switch.

boat_light_diagram_zpsx9qclmcc.jpg

In2Deep":3tpoegew said:
Correct me if I'm wrong,but the navigation and anchor lights should both be on with the switch in the "navigation"position and only the anchor light should be on when the switch is in the "anchor"position?

You are correct. That is how it should work.

Brent":1f2v8kyu said:
My bow running lights (red and green) and anchor light on top are wired to separate switches and operate independently

That takes up space. It may be fine for you?

But in some boats with rocker switches that take up more room, switches are at a preium and 2 switches to run those lights are not what you want.

Lets take a 8 gang Horizontal Blue Seas panel for example....

3029.jpg

This panel is 9 1/4in wide. It comes with All OFF/ON switches Only.

But by buying a DPDT

3633.jpg

The first switch in the panel can be changed out and that free's up the 2nd switch to turn ON/OFF something else beside's the Anchor light.

I've seen them both ways.

This could be as simple as the ground and one positive wire at the light are reversed. This puts power through the common ground to both light bulbs so they both come on at the same time. Often when this happens, the lights won't be as bright as they should be.

warthog5":3bi9buhh said:
Brent":3bi9buhh said:
My bow running lights (red and green) and anchor light on top are wired to separate switches and operate independently

That takes up space. It may be fine for you?

But in some boats with rocker switches that take up more room, switches are at a preium and 2 switches to run those lights are not what you want.

Lets take a 8 gang Horizontal Blue Seas panel for example....

3029.jpg

This panel is 9 1/4in wide. It comes with All OFF/ON switches Only.

But by buying a DPDT

3633.jpg

The first switch in the panel can be changed out and that free's up the 2nd switch to turn ON/OFF something else beside's the Anchor light.

I've seen them both ways.

I agree just have not addressed it to date

Back