Fishwell/wet hold discharge pump question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

On our 2330 we have this weird "wet hold" that is under the cockpit immediately aft of the cabin door. It has always had a Jabasco macerator pump installed against the forward wall as high as possible, that discharges via a 3/4" PVC/vinyl tube just above the water line on the starboard side behind the "galley".

After nearly 10 years of intermittent health, this Jabasco pump has finally decided to die a complete and utter death and I'd like to replace it with something like like the Gulper Grouper Mk 3 diaphragm pump, which will probably not rust as badly.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with this pump and would you recommend it over the Jabasco macerator pump (which is really noisy!)

2. What sort of water pickup arrangement would you recommend? Right now there's just a 1-1/2" intake hose that ends about 3/8" before the bottom

3. I'm considering using an automatic switch, but I'm not crazy about the extra clutter. Does anyone know of an integrated pickup/switch unit?

Also, does anyone else have this odd full-width box under the deck? If so, what do you do with it? We usually store fenders or stow freediving gear (like weight belts, fins, dry bags, etc. while we're underway)

Thanks

That looks similar. Is the "vee" at the bottom of the picture? It looks like that bait pump is in some sort of sump we'll.

Back