Side of Dash Mounting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish_kid

Reaction score
I'm contemplating mounting a fuse box for the electronics and my Lowrancenet on the wrapped-around left side of the dashboard... any issues doing that? Should I put some backing plate on the inside of it? Thinking of dressed screwheads on the outside and the nuts on the inside with the items...

Trying to clean up the power to all the electronics... winter project :)

Thanks! Tom

I've done it Tom and so far it seems to be fine. I used machine screws and nylon lock nuts with washers for backing. I considered using backing plates of some fashion also as it's fairly thin glass there. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 103
Whats wrong with the original fuse panel?

If you upgrade use Blue Seas stuff

Get rid of the OFF/1/2/ALL switch. Install a BEP cluster switch

warthog5":36ff9h5f said:
Whats wrong with the original fuse panel?

If you upgrade use Blue Seas stuff

Get rid of the OFF/1/2/ALL switch. Install a BEP cluster switch

The original owner added a lighted switch panel (with no fuses) for his electronics package (sounder, radar, vhf) to the left of the factory panel, and he just scabbed off the main bus for his power...

I was thinking of a new home run from the battery switch to get clean power for electronics, and give me a place to power Lowrancenet from at the same time... hadn't thought of mounting it on the outside... was going to actually mount it on the backside so it was hidden...

I was thinking of a new home run from the battery switch to get clean power for electronics

Some of the things that people come up with.... Never heard of a panel that you describe that the PO installed?

But Yes.... That will do it, as long as you don't take the Power from the Start Battery and that depends on what type Master switching you have also.

If it's a Perko style switch then which ever Battery is selected is the Start battery.

Back