Airmar m260 transducer?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I received an unused Airmar m260 along with a bunch of other random stuff I got at an estate sale. I know nothing about this transducer but the guy said it was for a raymarine equipped boat (which is what I have). P/n is 41-266-1-01 which indicates raymarine connection.

I don't have the tank for it.

Currently I have a pair of e7 MFDs and use the built in sonar along with a B744V transducer mounted in a fairing block just forward of the fuel tank area. Generally the performance of this setup is barely adequate. Doesn't hold the bottom if I go faster than 4mph and takes forever to gain bottom lock after stopping (sometimes a minute or more!). I've been on the phone with raymarine support and done all kinds of trouble shooting but I think the mounting job probably just sucks.

Anyway I'm wondering if this transducer would be a good upgrade and if so whether it would plug directly to the E7 or would I need a sonar module like the DSM?

If the latter I probably won't bother with a DSM and maybe just sell this to get a good transom-mounted Xducer....

Reason for posting here in the Parker forum is i read on Airmar's site that this is supposed to be for fiberglass hulls; not sure if it will work through a parker hull...

Thanks!

Brent

with a B744V transducer mounted in a fairing block just forward of the fuel tank area.

It's not the X-Ducer......... It's whoever installed it...... Installed it in the Wrong place.

That is WAT to forward in a olaning hull boat. It's pushing air all under the boat there.

warthog5":3bagtkwq said:
with a B744V transducer mounted in a fairing block just forward of the fuel tank area.

It's not the X-Ducer......... It's whoever installed it...... Installed it in the Wrong place.

That is WAT to forward in a olaning hull boat. It's pushing air all under the boat there.

Yea this is what I've always assumed. Previous owner was very proud of the investment he made in that transducer... :(

Not easy to fix, either...

Luckily I don't really do much fishing that requires moving or actually seeing fish marks. For spearfishing we usually just look for structure. But on those occasions when I am fishing hook & line, it really sucks.

Compared to boats that belong to friends of mine, the Parker seems to have such limited access to the bilge that we're pretty much limited to transom-mounted transducers, eh?

Compared to boats that belong to friends of mine, the Parker seems to have such limited access to the bilge that we're pretty much limited to transom-mounted transducers, eh

Not so....... But you can't be afraid to cut on it to take a Great product and make it Better and spend some $

Scroll down on this page of my build.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=50

This did away with all the PITA of getting to the batteries and everything else in the bilge.

Back