Swap out Garmin Striker 7sv for a proper chartplotter

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadFish1801

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently picked up a 2014 1801 and it came with the Garmin Striker 7sv. It's a great fish finder BUT it does not have the ability to display charts. Such a bummer. I'm in the FL Keys and need those charts for backcountry adventures. Anyways. It has a transducer screwed onto the transom and I'm not trying to mess with that. Are there any reasonable fish finder/chartplotters that use the same transducer? Or should I leave the Striker and add a seperate chart plotter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Without doing all the research......I'm sure there are combo units that use the same X-ducer.

In your case I'd add a Chartplotter. I realize you may be limited on space and have to move the FF.

You can replace it with the striker 7sv w/ GPS COMBO which definitely connects to same transducer but I would do as wart said and try to add a less expensive GPS unit like the following. This unit is a decent price and does a good job as a GPS unit, cheaper than a new 7sv.

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GLONASS-R ... marine+gps

I have a 19' kencraft center console that I use out tubing with kids, crabbing, creek fishing. I bought a used HDS 5 off THT for $150 shipped and it works great for what I use it for. When in the Parker I connect it to my network and use it for engine data and speed while fishing/trolling

Just an inexpensive thought. Good luck

Back