Need some advice picking out an autopilot setup for my boat.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc_reyes2007

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,
I would like some advice if possible figuring out which autopilot setup for my boat would work best and stay in my budget for my boat. I am unsure if the MFD and AP have to match brands for them to work together. I am looking for a setup that I can plug the heading into and it will take me in that direction. I don't know much about AP and am beginning to look on line at the different setups and see the cost can jump high really quick. Any recommendations for me to look into? I appreciate any feedback you may have positive or negative.

Boat: Parker 2120 Sport Cabin
Electronics: Furuno TZ Touch2 12'
Motor: Yamaha F150
Sttering Hydraulic
Budget: 2,000.00

Thanks

Wiring marine electronics is WAY above my pay grade. However, I can tell you that my trawler has a complement of Raymarine instrumentation. The autopilot is an ancient Robertson (now Simrad) unit that talks and works well with the Raymarine C-120 plotter. It will steer a compass course as well as steering to a specific waypoint or running a route. So it is entirely possible if the autopilot and plotter have compatible NEMA language.

Having said all that, if you only want the a-pilot to steer a compass course you don't need to link it to other electronics. However, if you do this you will be underutilizing your a-pilot's capabilities.

usmc_reyes2007":2sbq2kno said:
Good afternoon all,
I would like some advice if possible figuring out which autopilot setup for my boat would work best and stay in my budget for my boat. I am unsure if the MFD and AP have to match brands for them to work together. I am looking for a setup that I can plug the heading into and it will take me in that direction. I don't know much about AP and am beginning to look on line at the different setups and see the cost can jump high really quick. Any recommendations for me to look into? I appreciate any feedback you may have positive or negative.

Boat: Parker 2120 Sport Cabin
Electronics: Furuno TZ Touch2 12'
Motor: Yamaha F150
Sttering Hydraulic
Budget: 2,000.00

Thanks
A few months ago I purchased a Raymarine EV100 Autopilot for my 2015 2120. I bought the complete system from one of the online discounters for around $1250 and at the time there was a $300 rebate from Raymarine. It cost me another $1000 for a professional installation including the additional hydraulic lines and fittings. This autopilot has performed flawlessly and I could not be more pleased. It interfaces through NMEA 2000 with my Garmin 741xs and will hold a heading or track from the Garmin. I love the heading steer knob on the control module and it also has built in trolling patterns. This pilot will do everything the much more expensive units do and it also comes with a 3 year parts warranty from Raymarine.
Semper Fi
Banjo

Back