Stereo Suggestion??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltyfish

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a specific stereo brand/model + 4 speakers to replace the aged system on my 21SE?

I want to keep the entire cost under $200.

Thanks gentlemen.

Bryce

I have a buddy that has been thru a buch of boats since I've known him..... With that he's also been thru a bunch of different stereo's.

All the other brands last 1 to 1/2yr........ Fusion is the brand to buy.

Now..... Its gonna cost more than $200.......... So ask yourself....... How many $200 Stereo's do you want to buy?

My Fusion is 5yrs old now.

A $200 stereo ain't gonna last long. Buy a good Fusion stereo; they're good units, are specifically made for marine use, and have a 4 year warranty.

What is a good Fusion model to buy with out using amplifier and where you put a pair of speaker in the pilot hosue ? My boat is a 2320sl

Speakers.......

100_4505.jpg

Also have 2 under the Washboards in the cockpit.

The unit I have has a Ipod dock in it. I no longer use that and hate Apple products.
[You either Love Apple or Hate it....No in between.]

I added a external Bluetooth and that what we use.

They have them with CD players..... no one uses that now. It's all Bluetooth.

There is a model that has NMEA 2000 hook up. That will show up and is adjustable via your electronic screen aka MFD
Multi Function Display.

I'd buy the RA70N now...... Bluetooth and NMEA No CD

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_917RA70N/ ... RA70N.html

The unit puts out 50watts per channel. I like the old style rotery knob for volume up and down. It has 2 zones. [2 speakers each zone] The volume level is adjustable per zone.

IE: pilothouse has lower volume, while cockpit has louder volume. It's all changeable and very easy.

I have a pair of Polk Atrium 4's in my cabin and a older pair of Poly Planar MA7500's I just mounted under the washboards in the deck. The Poly 7500's were in the cabin in the same spot as my Polks. The Poly's are just a tad smaller so they were actually a good fit in the cabin. My head just misses the Polks when sitting on the bench seat. I mounted a Clairion M502 unit when I first purchased the boat. The price has come down on these from when I purchased. It's a Bluetooth unit and no CD obviously. I was also able to purchase a mic that went with it as an option that I ran up to the roof of the cabin over my head where I sit at the helm. I can make and receive phone calls with it via Bluetooth and the stereo like in the car and the mic actually works very well. The one downside to the Clairion are the controls as they are a little not user friendly but the unit has performed well so far for 3 seasons. That said, I agree with the others based on what I have read and learned since I purchased the Clairion and when it dies I will likely replace with something like the Fusion in the pic below. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG