Could Live Well Pump and Bilge Pulp Issue be related

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman

Reaction score
2002 21se. During a recent fishing trip my live well pump quit. I connected the wires directly to a battery and the pump worked so I am not getting power. While I was tracing wires in the bilge area I lifted the float to the bilge pump and it did not come on. I tried to activate it from the console switch and nothing. I lift the switch on as I checked what wires I could easily access. I returned to the bilge and put my hand on the bilge pump and it was very hot. I assume I have two issues, one the bilge pump is getting power but the pump is probably dead (15 years old) and two, the live well pump is not getting power or could the bilge pump be effecting the live well pump. If the live wells lack of power is a separate issue where should I check first. Is there an inline fuse for the live well pump? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1] I'd suspect a shared GND

2] Pump getting Hot indicates that it has a jam in it. It's getting power.

I agree with the ground. Especially check to see if it's connected to the ground bus in the bilge. They get pretty corroded being in the bilge and they use automotive style connectors instread of heat shrink type. The wires wick moisture and can cause them to have issues. Only way your going to find it is to just start tracing back from bilge pump all of the connection points.

Back