battery switch

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAJSKI

Reaction score
How would you do this 2 engines- 2 start- 2 house deep cycle using BEP switches? I now have 2 battery 1 engine hooked to each battery, I want to add 2 battery and dedicate 2 start 2 house.

1st have you thought of just going to 1 BIG house battery? I have a D4 deep cycle for my house.

It is = to 2 1/2 Gp27's

20160610_113901_zpsklebg2s3.jpg

Look at the spec's.

20160610_113913_zpszsqzps0z.jpg

You will have to have a custom battery tray built..... I built this one out of stainless angle.

20160229_144215_zpsxbukp6zg.jpg

20160229_143834_zpsr25paimx.jpg

You can use Gp24 Starting batteries to start Most outboards that are in the 250/300 HP size, for saving space.

Space won't be a issue I am going to convert from I/O to O/B in my cat boat. I will be removing 2 -4.3 Volvo so I will have lots of room, that looks like one hell of a battery

If you want to play a stereo on the beach with a amp.... IE: motor not running to charge battery. It's what you need.

A amp pulls a lot of current.

Anybody gang together two 6v golf cart batteries for their house bank? GC batteries are quite robust and by wiring them in series you can get 12 volts and a whole bunch of amp hours. The biggest advantages are space and weight. When you get old like me, it's a whole lot easier to lift a 6v GC battery than trying to hump a 4D.

The house bank on my trawler is 4-6v AGMs. We run a 2000w inverter, watch TV all night, cook with a microwave and toaster oven and make coffee with a Mr. Coffee every morning. When we travel N & S in the Spring or Fall we travel most days. I monitor our battery condition and we seldom run our batteries below 65%. The batteries are recharged by the 120 amp engine alternator as we travel and we almost never run our generator.

Back