Fuel Gauge 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Catch Charters

Reaction score
Hoping someone smarter than me went through this and figured it out. I have a 2002 2320. Last season the fuel gauge got quirky. I grounded the wire from the gauge to the tank and it went to fill, disconnected it and it went to empty. I'm told that's how you tell if the gauge is good. I then replaced the sending unit with a Moeller reed type that was in there. If the sender is out and I slide the float 1/2 way it reads 1/2 a tank. Same deal for full or empty. Once in the tank, it's quirky. Same thing as the original sender. Goes from full to empty and is all over the place.

Yamaha digital fuel gauge is what I have. I'm really not sure what else can be causing this.
Gauge seems Good and a New sender. I'm ready to just pop in a manual gauge on top of the tank or run a Moeller needle gauge and New wires to the dash. I hate running a full tank.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

My fuel gauge was acting up doing the same thing last year. I found a corroded ground bar in battery compartment but it's not were it can easily be seen . I have a 2003 2520 xl

There should be a green colored bonding ground that is attached to your tank and it also should connect to the ground bus in the bilge or at your battery ground? Make sure you check all connecting points on that while you are at it. Mostly though, I agree that you need to put eyes on that ground bus in the bilge and clean/check those connections. My bet is that your problem is the sending unit ground there? Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 127
check all electrical connections or skip redo all crimps to save time and know done right. I have Moeller unit with a fuel level guage installed by previous owner which is handy and a clear pie plate over it to read it and still works fine. I always thought WEMA senders were the best but have not replaced my current one. if you replace measure the tank depth. I replaced the fuel pickup tube and it is about one inch off the bottom and fuel line goes to a 2 micron Racor fuel filter - to have more fuel available. old tube was 3 or 4 inches short of the bottom of tank

Fuel sender unit can be checked with digital volt meter or DVM set on the Ohm reading

m2cw

Hello all,

Pulled my 21 se out of the warehouse in April, went to put the batteries on and have no gauges or power tilt at the helm. I noticed two ground wires on the fuel sending unit had broken loose and were sitting on top of the positive wire on the sending unit, stuck. Would this cause me to loose both digital gauges and the Power tilt at the same time?

Need help, any suggestions?

Back