Garmin 7610 xsv

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmoore

Reaction score
Just curious if any owners of these units with pilot houses have found they need external antennas or have they worked fine without ? I know you don't have to have one, but someone had mentioned to me that if it's flush mounted in a pilot house I might have issues. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmoore":rzvnt483 said:
Just curious if any owners of these units with pilot houses have found they need external antennas or have they worked fine without ? I know you don't have to have one, but someone had mentioned to me that if it's flush mounted in a pilot house I might have issues. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

i have 7612 xsv. No antenna.

Thanks Pete. Are you running Garmin Auto Pilot ? I've got a 2320 on order and not sure if I should go with the standard Garmin pump or spend the extra for a Smartpump. That thing cost a lot more so wasn't sure.

I have 2810xld. Yes I have Garmin auto pilot. Smart pump. It works great. I had local company install. Cost me 5800-6000.

OcPakerguy":99k3jnbc said:
I have 2810xld. Yes I have Garmin auto pilot. Smart pump. It works great. I had local company install. Cost me 5800-6000.

Ok... I'm going with same setup. Did you they install shadow drive component as well. Considered maybe leaving it off. Any issues with it ? Apparently they have to be installed exactly right and if done correctly are fantastic.

Back