New all in one

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Parker2520

Reaction score
For an all in one unit GPS / FF / Plotter what do you recommend for the NE area? Looking in the 1 -2k range or so if possible for mostly inshore and some offshore

Check out raymarine new axiom the 9 inch with nation is and chirp sounder is around 1600

Friends don't let friends buy Raymarine. :cry:

Garmin is the most user friendly . Look at the 1020xs. Still has buttons on the face. No external antenna needed.
Has CHIRP ..... Puts out a 1000watt downview.

Warthog I've been using raymarine products since the still made missles I find they are user friendly to me and there customer service is top notch so I'll keep using and recommending them for another twenty plus years

I presently have a Garmin 2206 which works very well but is older. Do you think I will see much of an improvement?

I've been looking at the new GARMIN 1022XSV. No personal experience with it that I can share though. It has built in WIFI so you can use the Blue Charts option where you can transfer pre plan routes from iPads to the unit. It also allows you to use a iPad or iPhone to mirror chart plotter and also control it. This gives you the option to have a iPad mounted in the deck area that you can see while fishing. It's on my wish list.

I really like the Garmin units. Any of the units ending in xsv can pretty much do anything you want depending on what transducer you use. Get one with BlueChart G2 map built in or buy the card on Amazon. It has great fishing charts / contours and super easy to use. The cost difference just depends whether you go 7", 8", 9" etc.... I'm stepping up to a 7610xsv, but my last boat had a 7"xsv unit and it was fantastic. The Simrad NSS Evo2 and Evo3's are suppose to be great units too. Both easy to use.... I'm just more familiar with the Garmin line. You really couldn't go wrong with one of these Garmin units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is 2206...year is probably around 2006 though

Attachments

• IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 365
Mike h":jznccx1q said:
Warthog I've been using raymarine products since the still made missles I find they are user friendly to me and there customer service is top notch so I'll keep using and recommending them for another twenty plus years

My current boat bought use came with a Raymarine e80. It is a very accurate unit and I like the sounder feature a lot although at times I refer to it as being very optimistic. However I have not found it an easy system to use for navigation purposes when I get close to the point I wanting to dive. (see my post: what is the secret to navigating with an e80) I actually installed an old garmin 441 I had for close navigation purposes.

I have used Furuno and Garmin in past and it has been my experience both are better for close in navigation.

Exactly! :)

I do a lot of installs and electrical work.

I'll turn the work down if they want Raymarine.

They all have their pluses and minuses

Personally I run all Furuno electronics even inshore because they are stable, long supported and most trust worthy IMHO. They dont have entry level technology like single band CHIRP, low power down and side scan, etc. in cheap units. However the technology they offer in that stuff (real CHIRP box, 3D sounder, etc.) is the real deal but costs $$$. Radars are the best.. Downside are that a full system tends to be little pricier than others and it takes a little more effort to get set up right the first time.

Garmin is simple to use and has a great fish finder with an array of transducers to match your fishing. Their charts are limited to bluecharts so see if they work for your area. Some people love them, some not so much. Downside is that their radars are not very good and Garmin seems to issue updates like most change their underwear. Some updates have been known to contain/cause glitches.

Raymarine has some nice magnetron radars. Solid state, not-so good. My Dad's 2.2kw ray radar was better than my previous 4kw Garmin. Their fishfinders are pretty good but can be limited on the transducer front. Unfortunately the company has gone through a bunch of corporate changes and had some customer service problems over the years leaving them on the outside looking in a bit. Who knows how the FLIR Raymarine will fair long term.

I personally am not a fan of Navico products (Simrad and Lowrance). I dont think their fish finders are very good, even the CHIRP stuff (at least with the transducers on the boats I have run). Everything looks like blobs to me and it is hard to decipher bait from game. Their 3G radar wasnt overly impressive to me and I am told their HALO radar drops large targets even 6 miles out. On a positive note, you can get good Navionics charts with them and they are pretty simple to use and set up.

I know its personal preference but I still may want to upgrade my electronics. I am looking at the Simrad nss7 evo3 and the Garmin 1020xs. I usually fish in 100' of water or so but do venture offshore occasionally. Anyone have either of these units with some info on them?
Thanks

No....I don't have either one.....BUT I've installed bigger NSS than 7 and have installed that Garmin unit.

For simplicity the nod goes to the Garmin.

How about the Garmin 1040xs? comes w/ transducer as well. Anyone have one?

Yes it's a good unit and I'd recommend it. Some folks are ok with the transom mount X-ducer and I've installed them that way, but I'd rather have a thruhull in the 1000watt size.

My gear is older, but reliable (and it all still works), so I'm good with that.
My preferences...

Chartplotter - Garmin
Sounder - Furuno
Radar - Furuno
VHF - Icom

There is a lot of good stuff out there and selecting one brand for everything makes integrating easier, so that is a plus.
Enjoy what you have, or what you get. It's that simple.

Well it took a bit but I just got a Garmin 942xs. Now I need a transducer for some nearshore 100' as well as some off shore use. What transducer would you reccomend?

That would not have been my pick. Why? No buttons....It's total touchscreen.

When your bouncing thru the waves....It's not fun to control.

But anyway....That unit has capability of powering a 1000watt X-ducer.

Yet in 100ft...You don't need that much.

Soooo. You want a Airmar B175H......I do not know the deadrise of your boat?

20deg covers a deadrise of 16 to 24degs

12deg covers a deadrise of 8 to 15degs

The X-ducer is the key to good images......Don't cheap out.

I used to think a unit without buttons Whattttt, I have a 7608xsv and love it in 3'-5' seas playing with my unit is not something at the top of my list. I have a cp550 Standard Horizon with buttons so I really don't have a problem with either.

Back