sonar help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.... They all will to some degree.

Your question is way to vague. How deep do you want to fish. How bad are your eye's? Big screen, easier to read...Cost more.

The cost of the X-Ducer can easiely exceed the cost of small /cheaper units.

Garmin , Simrad, Furuno

I'd rather have at least Some buttons....I'm not super happy with Full touch screen.

I do a Lot of installs.

warthog5":2hpath8o said:
I'd rather have at least Some buttons....I'm not super happy with Full touch screen.

Agreed. Buttons much easier to manipulate in rough seas. Muscle memory helps with patterns of hand movement to get to where you want to go. Touch screens not so much.

1. What is your budget?
2. It needs to be installed properly for optimal use
3. A dedicated display is best or viewing that is having 2 units -using old unit for GPS, AIS, depth, speed, hot spots, etc

m2cw

good reading

http://www.airmar.com/uploads/brochures ... 202009.pdf

I would buy a high unit transducer without asking Warthog - that man needs a tip jar! - and also discussing proper install

No radar looking for a good unit that I can find structure in the Delaware bay? Don't want to spend anymore then I have to but will spend what I need to get what I want Tom

OK.... Your still vage in your answers, but at least we got Delware Bay out of you.

This show the depth's you will be reading at..... Or approximate anyway. Nothing over 100ft, if I'm not mistaken?

Garmin 1040XS - Airmar B75 600watt X-ducer. That is a thruhull.

yes nothing over 100ft will these units show structure like site 8 has concrete what will they show. I just sold my 2008 2320 sport cabin and am going to get something smaller to fish the Delaware bay I really never had a sonar that showed structure. maybe I just don't know what it will show. Oh I am 65 so u know my eyes are not that good anymore

was looking on youtube and it look like maybe that is what I need but what does the airmar b75 600 watt x ducer do for the unit

Parker23.5":h31xbg2s said:
the airmar b75 what the letter after 75 or what the frequency 40-75 or 130-210 or 80-130 all 3 have 600 watt

Yes they will show structure very well. You want the high numbers in that shallow of water.... B-75H = 130-210

You do know this is a Thru hull and a hole will have to be cut thru the hull.... I do them all the time.

Now what unit would I need for over 100ft? Yes I know about the hole I would have to get someone to do it it a shame your in fl. but thanks for your help

when you can go to Walmart,Westmarine, GPS store all have a different price is the 1040xs all the same or are there different ones they ranges from 2,000.00 to about 900.00

Pretty sure your boat is a deep V.....Therefore it needs the 20deg X-ducer......

Your boat is bracketed.....Correct? IE: engine on a alum bracket?

Looks like the Garmin 1020XS is pretty much obsolete.

Maybe someone else can help that knows if the hull is a seep V?

All this info is important. No you don't want bare wire X-ducer.... That's if you install a Black box....which you are not going to do that.

I can tell by your questions your a complete novice to this.... So were going to base everything on that and recommend a unit that will give you plenty of years to grow into.

The Garmin 1042XSV Garmin CHIRP sonar, CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü scanning sonar

https://www.boemarine.com/collections/g ... transducer

So this unit has Side view also. Typical sideview lets you see out to to sides of the boat...It's good for aprox 100ft depth at the max. But you still also have Downview and that will go farther in depth.

This unit because of Sideview takes a total different X-ducer.

https://www.boemarine.com/products/garm ... khz-455khz

The head unit is ready for upgrades when you are. Radar is plug and play.

I'm sorry but I do not have the 2008 parker anymore I thinking of some thing smaller but was just find out some thing I could use in the Delaware bay instead of going in ocean so I'll need to wait till I get any other boat but thanks I have learn a lot from you I did talk to some one here and they said to get something with side scan

Well Knowing the deadrise of this new boat would need to be known for the items I suggested.

You just changed the WHOLE game with that piece of info.

Now the same head unit and a transom mount X-ducer.

warthog5 been watching TV about the storm and was thinking of you and praying you are making out ok let me know when you have time Parker23.5

Thank You...... I'm way over to the West in the panhandle...."Pensacola" Just a little wind and light rain yesterday.

Back