A few replacements

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
Saturday was a beautiful day! 61 and sunny in January, I took that as a chance to get a jump on a few spring projects. I ripped out my am/fm radio and VHF for upgrades. After a few minor modifications to the dash, I installed a Fusion RA 70 am fm receiver with blue tooth so I can stream music (Best price Defender Marine $180.00). I also added a Shakespeare Galaxy 4' am/fm antenna (Best price GPS store $69.00) , its so hard to get radio stations on the water and this antenna has great reviews so I cannot wait to test it out. Then I swapped out my old VHF with a new Lowrance Link-8 with AIS (Best Price GPS store $219.00) to connect to my Lowrance HDS9 gen2. Now they are calling for more snow tomorrow, that's Maryland weather!

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 93
Good stuff Mike. I like your choices. I installed the Clarion M502 shortly after buying my boat and if I knew then what I know now, I would have purchased the Fusion one you have. The Clarion is still working and i even installed the optional remote mic for hands free phone which works well in the pilot house, but the damn thing is not user friendly. I can barely operate it without the remote. When it dies, I'll be putting in the Fusion. Good luck with the project/weather.

Back