Can't fill fuel tank on 2015 2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy is going to check it out for me when I take the cover off next month. Hopefully he comes up with a solution as it is a real PITA. The last 20 gallons takes me a long time to trickle in.

My dealer is going to discuss with a Eric at Parker. I’ve spoken to a few new Parker owners that are not having the issue, so decided to look into it again. I’ll let you know when I figure out the issue or have it looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an experiment, try disconnecting the charcoal filter from the vent.
Go fill up and see if that solves the issue.
If it does, you can begin your fix there.

My buddy builds custom gas tanks and he mentioned something along those lines. Hopefully it solves the issue

Megabyte":zbzp5d2r said:
As an experiment, try disconnecting the charcoal filter from the vent.
Go fill up and see if that solves the issue.
If it does, you can begin your fix there.
Thats a great idea. I had a local shop take a look at it today and they said they couldn’t find any obvious sags in the line or anything. They did say that the bulkhead is compressing the line, but only about 10% and they doubted that was the cause of restricted fuel flow. Asked them if the bulkhead could be opened up more around the hose to take off any pressure, but they said there was no way to access it ? They also thought I should try and bypass canister to see if that’s the problem.

First thing I did when I got the boat home is to remove and discard the charcoal canister. Never any fueling issues.

grouperjim":39leznqk said:
First thing I did when I got the boat home is to remove and discard the charcoal canister. Never any fueling issues.
I think I’ll have to follow your lead on this one [emoji106] when you bypass the fuel canister is there anything special I need to do ? Did you have to install a longer vent line or was it long enough to just go straight to the vent ? Can water get back through vent or do you do go up from vent before back down or something to keep water out ? My apologies if these are dumb questions... just want to avoid making a mistake and finding out later I didn’t bypass canister correctly and got water in my tank. That would be just my luck [emoji23]

i'll take a pic after dinner.

Those two adjoining hose clamps come together over about a 3-4 straight brass nipple. Fairly simple setup. You'll need to come up with the extra fuel rated hose, the hose clamps, and the brass straight fitting.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 178
grouperjim":2s9ktqp0 said:

Those two adjoining hose clamps come together over about a 3-4 straight brass nipple. Fairly simple setup. You'll need to come up with the extra fuel rated hose, the hose clamps, and the brass straight fitting.

Do I need to use a certain type of sealant where the hose connects to vent or is it just a straight connection w/ hose clamp ? Thanks again

Bmoore":3k5lcf80 said:
Makes perfect sense. Thank you for the help !!

Ok... I’m doing this. Is there any way saltwater could ever get through the vent back to fuel tank or is the vent designed to only let air/ gas out ?

grouperjim":3qhsnup8 said:

Is there any way saltwater can make its way back to the fuel tank with this set up ?

Doesn’t seem like there’s enough room for an upwards loop. Was curious if plumbing the way Jim did would still work. Just nervous to lose the charcoal canister and create a new issue.

So long as the vent hose is looped above the level of the vent on the side of the hull, you should not have any issues.

Here are the vent systems on my sled. The white sanitary line vent is on the starboard side. The black fuel hose vent set up is on the port side. There have been no changes to the sanitary line nor has there been any water intrusion.

Essentially the same system on both sides as installed by Parker sans the canister. No water intrusion. When I wash the boat I hose these areas down and have no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 261
Well that solves that !! Thanks to all of you fine folks for helping out.

I guess I will just asky my buddy to bypass the filter and go direct to vent. I won't know what to do with all my extra time at the fuel dock now lol

Back