Where do you sleep on a 2320????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mylo

Reaction score
Been shopping for a Parker 23 or 25 pilot house for the last several months. Went to the Parker Dealer yesterday and got a good look at both side by side. Where in the hell do two adults sleep on a 23??????

The new 2320's are set up horribly in the PH as far as im concerned. I have a 2000 2320 and I have twice the room in my v berth compared to the newer style.I am 6'3 and i can just about fully stretch out in my V berth. I do not like the way the new ones step down as you go into the PH it makes the whole house look very short and you aren't gaining anymore head room. I also dont like that they have gone to more of a counsel for the helm station rather then having the full bulk head. I think Parker needs to go back to the old style on the 2320. Few pics below showing how much more room I have compared to the new ones. I wouldn't buy a new 2320 just my .02

Attachments

• parker rug2.JPG
    parker rug2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,575
  • parker3.JPG
    parker3.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,573
  • parker4.JPG
    parker4.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,575
  • fushion.jpg
    fushion.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,575
I have a 2120 which has the same PH as 2320. I sleep on the boat a few times a year. I am 5'11' and 220 lbs. I sleep fine in the V berth. My wife and son have also slept together on the berth. I would say one large adult or two small can sleep in the berth reasonably comfortable. A better question to ask yourself have you seen any other boat that size that has as much cockpit room in the stern and a cabin to get out of the elements in. One of my fishing buddies has a 27 contender every fall when Black fishing and Montauk stripers. He insist on the parker as soon as the temp drops. You just can't beat a PH in November.

I have a 2120 which has the same PH as 2320.

My wife and I sleep on the boat 2-3 trips per year, but the bench seat was modded to be a berth. She sleeps on the v-berth. No way both of us would fit in the v-berth with all the gear we carry for trips. My sister and her husband used to sleep on the v-berth, but I don't think either one of them moved all nite after they crawled in there. It made the boat "sqeaky" tight with 3 people and gear.

I like the open helm console as it is easy to get to wiring, etc. I don't like it as much since my grandson crawled under it and started pulling on wires.

The Mokee berth.
IMG_6531.jpg

The seat was modified to have a tray under the forward end so a shelf may be pulled out to extend the berth.
IMG_6766.jpg

The backrest is repositioned to fill the space between the seat and hull.

IMG_6532.jpg

Finally got the first of 2 fuel tanks out of Big Duck's bilge.
http://72land-n-sea.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... ctomy.html

Anyone know a welder that can make me a new one?

Love the "Mokee" berth. How did you modify the back rest?

Mylo":3otr5t8k said:
Love the "Mokee" berth. How did you modify the back rest?

I did the work, but don't remember the specifics. Maybe Mokee will take a few pics for you when his boat thaws out?

IMG_6531.jpg

Jeff's a very clever guy as you can see if you read his blog.

That's not the original backrest as Jeff fabricated a separate seat and backrest. The backrest hooks to the side of the house and has a hinged board to hold the bottom away from the side. You can just see some of the hardware for hooking the backrest in the picture (upper left). I don't think he mentioned that we conveniently access the storage area in the base by lifting the seat. It also makes getting to the area behind the base a lot easier.

I'll gladly get pics when it gets warmer.

I know this is a bit older, but does anyone have pictures of how the backrest is reconfigured? This would be perfect for me, I don't think I'm going to fit down in the cabin area.

One guy sleeps on his bedroll or bean bag on the starboard side of the livewell (center of dance floor), one guy sleeps on the port side. Third guy sleeps in the V-berth on the cushions which is the noisiest due to water smacking the hull, and the fourth guy sleeps in a bean bag on the deck in the house next to the helm chair.

The best spot, quietest and least motion is in the bean bag aft on the dance floor.

Back