Parker run over by a 32 Albemarle doing 30 knots.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! the albemarle is a very heavy boat in its class...that's the new style 2320 sportscabin. I have always had the utmost confidence in my 2320--that confidence just went up a notch... Imagine if that guy was in the v-berth taking a crapper...you can see it in one of the pics, it looks pristene...

The Parker took it full-on broadside too--the weakest area of the boat--and the other side looks untouched...

Holy cow! Thank God the owner of that Parker is OK!

Hotrod, can I have your permission to post those photos here on CP? I would love the folks at Parker Marine to see just what a TOUGH boat they make!

DaleH":1rn58wak said:
Holy cow! Thank God the owner of that Parker is OK!

Hotrod, can I have your permission to post those photos here on CP? I would love the folks at Parker Marine to see just what a TOUGH boat they make!

Sure... :p

Here are the pictures ...

Attachments

• Parker-Collision1small.JPG
    Parker-Collision1small.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 3,548
  • Parker-Collision2small.JPG
    Parker-Collision2small.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 3,547
  • Parker-Collision3small.JPG
    Parker-Collision3small.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 3,547
  • Parker-Collision4small.JPG
    Parker-Collision4small.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 3,546
  • Parker-Collision5small.JPG
    Parker-Collision5small.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 3,546
  • Parker-Collision6small.JPG
    Parker-Collision6small.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 3,546
Wow. I am glad no one got hurt,these pictures are a true testament to Parker Boats though. I would love to see the accident report.

Id like to know the whole story. My guess would be the other boat was on auto pilot when this happened.

On the toughness scale, Parkers score pretty high............not mine. There was a fatality on this one so don't go spamming the Internet with the pic.

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 3,246
WOW, sorry to hear there was a fatality involved with that one, is there any story behind it what caused it etc....?

miky2884":1uhkmifd said:
WOW, sorry to hear there was a fatality involved with that one, is there any story behind it what caused it etc....?

Captain was feeling ill and was on his way back into port.
It is believed he had a heart attack and collapsed before getting to the breakwater at Rockhold Creek.
The boat survived with minimal damage. The captain did not survive.

2320's are tough boats..........just think of the severity of the wx it would take to simulate getting hit by a 32' boat going 30 knts..........and not sink.

I was told that the owner of the Albermarle did not want the Coast Guard called to the scene.

This is true, and they were not. When the tow boat arrived at the scene the tow boat captain called the NJSP-Marine Division. The Parker owner was interviewed at the dock by the marine police after I left the marina so I don't know the outcome of that interview.. I also don't know what, if anything, happened with the Ablemarle owner. As I said before, the Parker owner was quite shaken up from the incident and was having a difficult time deciding what he should do.

Back