SAVE your boat from sinking, use WAX RING from a toilet!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
See video below of a 'new product' called Stay Afloat ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=888wQhRc ... r_embedded

63791.jpg

Looks like nothing but the wax ring stuff from replacing the 'doughnut' seal on a toilet ...

2b73fbf2-d6d9-402b-8a35-978a334f951b_300.jpg

$26 for the 'marine' product in a container ... or $4 at Home Depot or Lowes ... your choice ;)

Dale, excellent safety post. I think I will buy some to carry on my CG Aux operational facility. I am going to recommend that my fellow Auxiliarist who volunteer at Search & Rescue Detachment Wilmington, DE carry it as well. Thanks!

Do not forget the inflatable PFD. My brother works as a Fire Officer in the county that has a couple of boats at SPSP. One night the new boat was out and the radio chatter between the boat and the Chief of Special Ops became interesting. Evidently an exhaust thru hull on the new boat failed and the boat was taking on more water than the GPM of the rated fire pump. They stuffed an inflatable PFD in the hole to slow it down and the question was asked to the Chief whether he wanted the boat to sink in 4' of water or 40'. Long radio silence after that question.

Thanks for the tip and I have put a wax ring on my list of things to put on the boat. However I got to thinking, and maybe I am over thinking this, but how well will a wax ring hold up on the boat during the summer heat ? Will it stay firm or will it melt ?

Yeah I've been using the wax ring for years. Works great. Good for replacing cutlass or underwater repair replace situations. I always keep 2 in a ziplock. Another good thing to have is a small and regular size nerf football. Cut them,rip them, stuff them in the whole.

yep got one of those on board.
I also carry a Nerf football, unopened still in the wrapper and hope to keep it that way.
Makes for a good source to rip foam from for plugging .

Back