Seaspension Reviews

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctown67

Reaction score
Hey i searched the keyword seaspension and found i missed the boat (pun intended) on a great deal. Bummer for me, but since many of you took advantage of it, let's hear what you have to say. Reviews on installation, comfort, etc. Pics too!
i am in the market for one and if anyone has chosen not to use theirs, please pm me.
Cheers
Chris.

I purchased one of the seaspension posts during the deal that was posted. Both myself and my brother are BIG Guys. Think College Football Linemen. I was a little apprehensive about both of us being at the top end (or a little over) of the operating rating of the post. I talked to seaspension and bought one. Some of the best money I have ever spent. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks for your feedback. My wife and I did almost 300 miles this weekend from Naples to Florida Bay and all over the 10,000 islands. After the wind picked up Saturday, i will definitely start thinking more seriously about one.

Great news. I just confirmed the sale price on the web site. Now to measure my pedestal and order. i have a 2520 sport cabin if anyone can save me the legwork.
thanks again.

I have 4 posts on my 2120...1 for me and 3 for the passenger seats.......love them, wouldn't ride without them

Can anyone recommend the a proper length for a seaspension post for an 08 2120?

I've searched all of the older posts and have been unable to locate any comments regarding length.

Thanks in advance!

Wow. I will never go without some kind of suspension seat again. This thing is sweet. off shore yesterday in a crappy 3-4 foot head sea and i felt guilty watching my buddy in the port seat bounce around.
The install went almost flawless, except for the broken bolt on removing the old one. even with that hurdle the exchange took about 20 minutes and a beer.
As far as measuring to order i simply removed the seat and measured it. the 2520 takes the 29" seat post.

I put two in my 2520 also. I put the SB side in first and waited a couple weeks before installing the other one. The passengers kept giving me the evil eye so I just installed the other one. Definitely makes the harder ride easier.

I finally installed mine in and must say they were worth the wait. The only thing I wish they had a a way of keeping the foot rest from sliding down. If I tighten it too much it will not swivel. But other than that its well worth it! :D

Reel Addiction":2r4143yy said:
I finally installed mine in and must say they were worth the wait. The only thing I wish they had a a way of keeping the foot rest from sliding down. If I tighten it too much it will not swivel. But other than that its well worth it! :D

I had the same issue. I ended up finding a new lower locking collar because the old pedestal is a different diameter than the SeaSpension. Here is the email of someone at Springfield that helped me find the right [email protected]

I couldn't buy direct from Springfield, but they put me in contact with a distributor that sold it to me. Now I have the footrest and can pivot the seat.

Reviving this thread. Very interested in this product.

Question to seaspension owners, are they holding up well? Any issues I should know about? Do they really perform as well as the reviews are saying?

Getting older, pounding hurts!

I wouldn't leave the dock without one, I have one for 3yrs now (2011 2320sl) it is still working fine. I fish 2-3 days a week on Lake Erie 15-30mi round trip some days more. I bought it right after I had the boat what a difference in the ride. I would replace my bench with 2 except I have a custom storage bench seat. :D

We installed one and love it. We had it made 4inches taller than stock on a 2003 2520. Both operators are 5'10 and if running hard we had to stand up to see out the windshield with twin 225hp engines. My partner thinks we should have gone three inches higher rather than 4. I like it as is and visibilty is great.

Some more information that might be helpful: The Parker pedestals are 2 7/8" diameter, and the Seaspensions are 4". Just bought 2, and wanted to retain my footrests. The footrests are made by Springfield Marine, and they come with 3 diameters of bushings and clamps (to prevent downward movement on the pedestal). They are:

5121020 for the clamp
2171040 for the 4" bushing

Place called Cascade Depot (cascade depot.com) has them and the total for 2 of both was $32.96 plus shipping

Hey, cheaper than new footrests! Anybody need a couple of Parker pedestals??

Back