Question for owners of Walkaround Cuddy Parkers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
Are you able to drive your boat while seated in the capts. chair? May sound silly, but, I do have a reason for asking. I currently own a 23' dvcc and have to stand the whole time I am running her. Not lazy, but, back/knee issues are a concern for me. Anyway, I was wondering if the WAC Parkers may be better suited for me. Thanks in advance, Cycler.

I have a 2310 and I just switched my chair to a single leaning post. Unless you r in calm waters all the time you cannot sit and drive. The seating is pretty far forward and when you go over a wave it kinda lunges you forward. If there is any kinda wave action the passenger seat is useless also. When I have people on the boat with me and we have to motor through waves they always sit behind me on the bean bag. It is amazing that 2 feet behind you rides so much better. Hope this helps.

I own a 91 WA (2110) and am pretty tall (6'5"). I stand nearly 95% of the time. While I can sit and see - my view is certainly limited and I still have to stretch my neck to see out in front of me a bit. I tend to do it only on the calmest of conditions in wide open water when just crusing along. Most times, I am standing up with a foot kicked back onto the foot rest behind me.

I would image a person shorter than me would not be able to see much at all if sitting. Don't know why it was built that way but it hasn't affected me much.

I have a 2510 and also stand most of the time. I can sit and see ok, and I do sit when I am in calm waters getting out from the marina, but when I am heading anyware, I stand.

I have a 2310 and stand most of the time too due to the ride being a little bumpier further forward on the boat.

Was thinking about a leaning post to take some weight off the legs/knees on a long day.

Can you post a pic of your leaning post?

Thank you all for your comments/experiences...sorry for the delay, but, we were on vacation last week.

Pat, I have not taken any pics of the boat as of yet, but, if it helps, my leaning post is the one with the live baitwell, and leaning post, with rocket launchers. Four aluminum posts coming up from the baitwell, support the leaning post and launchers.

Ever since I installed Seaspension posts last winter I find myself sitting a lot more than I use to. This is on my 2510XL

Back