Question about 2510 with Mod V hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
I noticed that at some point in the 2000s, Parker went with a new hull design for this boat and increased deadrise to 16 deg. Does the difference of 2 degrees really make that much of a difference in the ride? Hoping to hear from someone with real world experience. I am in between boats, actually looking for a 23' w/a, but, would consider a 25' mod v if the 16 degree ride is not that bad. I fish out of BI and would probably never sail more than 25-30 nm out on only the best of days, so for 90% of the time inshore fishing, with trips to the barnegat ridge, about a 15 miles trip. Any insights offered would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Cycler.

cycler":1z7tb3f1 said:
I fish out of BI and would probably never sail more than 25-30 nm out ...
For those seas, I'd prefer a deep-V Parker.

I have a 2011 2510XL mod. V with a 300Yamaha. I agree that the deep V would give a better ride but have found that correctly trimmed and throttle back a bit the Mod. V is fine given the description of your planned use. I fish out of Barnegat Inlet ....North and South Ridges, Garden State Reefs, N.and S. etc. . I did add Seaspension post to helm seat and must say it makes a world of difference. Any other questions feel Free to ask.

Thank you both for your observations/responses.

I have a 2000 2510 DV walk around and also had a 25 sou'wester semi v, deep v is the way to go.

Well, this is what happens when you have too much time on your hands. I really want to find a 23' DV W/A, but, in searching, I noticed for the same money I could buy a mod V 2510. Think I should stick to the original plan.

I have a 2008 2510 XL with a 250 hp. Fish out of cape may, normally 10-22 miles out during the summer at the deep water fluke grounds....no problems running out and back....normally run 24-28 mph unless there is a deep swell. As another person noted, adjusting the trim makes a difference when running into choppy seas. I've gone out 50+ in good conditions.
And during striper season, you can only fish up to 3 miles out anyway.

My prior boat was a 2110 dv. I don't notice a difference from the dv to the xl hull.....but the 25 is bigger, heavier boat....so that may be part of it.

cahuna":149ujb5e said:
I have a 2008 2510 XL with a 250 hp. Fish out of cape may, normally 10-22 miles out during the summer at the deep water fluke grounds....no problems running out and back....normally run 24-28 mph unless there is a deep swell. As another person noted, adjusting the trim makes a difference when running into choppy seas. I've gone out 50+ in good conditions.
And during striper season, you can only fish up to 3 miles out anyway.

My prior boat was a 2110 dv. I don't notice a difference from the dv to the xl hull.....but the 25 is bigger, heavier boat....so that may be part of it.

Thanks for you input/experience. Wondering, what size trim tabs do you have on your boat?

I don't know the size. I bought this boat used after the original owner had it for only 2 years. But I believe they are whatever Parker would have installed at the factory.
When I'm fishing in crappy conditions.....I don't say, "oh, wish I had a deep v".
I say, "I'm sooo glad I have this sweet Parker"

I fish out of Manasquan and we have the 16 degree XL. Mostly fluke stripers and blackfish within 20 miles. Since you really would only run 25-30 miles on a nice day I would not sweat the MV/DV especially if you may like a little more room in the 25 at the same price.

The way I look at it is if I have to slow down a little more than a deep v i can accept it and really not add much more time to the trip. If I was consistently running 30-60 miles that would be a different story though.

Good luck with your boat shopping!

Pdksr":2vdepgz2 said:
I have a 2011 2510XL mod. V with a 300Yamaha. I agree that the deep V would give a better ride but have found that correctly trimmed and throttle back a bit the Mod. V is fine given the description of your planned use. I fish out of Barnegat Inlet ....North and South Ridges, Garden State Reefs, N.and S. etc. . I did add Seaspension post to helm seat and must say it makes a world of difference. Any other questions feel Free to ask.

I tried to send you a PM but did not work out. A nice 2510 MV has hit the market in Mass., and I was once again tempted, so, would it be possible to hitch a ride on your boat, so I can see/decide for myself, if I can live with a mod V hull. We both live in Forked River, so I could easily accomodate you schedule. Gladly pay for fuel. You can reach me here via PM, or email [email protected]. Thank you

Back