2520 Helm to Deck Access with Open Back Option

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
Greetings, My last Parker was a 2510. 99% of its use was fishing and 95% of that time was casting for stripers in the lower Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay. I fish by myself more than not. With the 2510 I could quickly move from the helm to deck to cast, would it be ...about... as easy to move front to back with a new 2520 with open back option? I'm a bit worried about the step down/up with the 2520. If I order the boat I would likely have the starboard rear seat deleted for more room and easier access. I've seen pics of Megabites great open back boat, but would appreciate any detailed pics of newer models. I would prefer to not have a second station option with the standard back configuration. Thanks all

I don't think the step on the 2520 is a big deal at all. It's actually a lot smaller on that boat than on the 2320. On the 23 it's a decent step, I'd say it's about half that on the 25. The other thing is I was just all my over a 2520 and 2510 and the helm is closer to the cockpit on the 2510. Your driving from a lil farther back in the boat so it's less distance. That cabin is longer because of that. Personally I think u have more usable space on the 2520 and made sure mine had the seaspension seats to make up for the ride difference. I think total time to get back there might be a difference of 1-2 seconds. Probably not a deal breaker

Thank you, on my 2510 I removed (unbolted) the left arm rest from the captain's chair to make it even easier to get in/out.

Back