2000 Parker 2520 sliding window parts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the sliding windows in the pilot house? If so I need to order the felt track that the window slides in can't seem to find it anywhere online...

Just checked his post,they are Pompanette's (side and rear).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From his previous post......

BTW, only your front windows are DSG. The sides and back are Pompanette. This is confirmed by the factory and DSG. It's a cost saving measure as Pompanette are less expensive.

Port: Port Norris, NJ

Window Manufacturers for 2X20/30 Sport Cabins

Approx. pre-2002 ("Black" painted anodized aluminum trim windows):
Front: Wynne Inc.
Sides/Rear: Water Bonnet

2002 - Present Day (Non-painted anonodized aluminum trim windows):
Front: Diamond Sea Glaze
Sides/Rear: Pompanette

Pretty sure my side and rear windows have Diamond Seaglaze labels. I'll check next time I'm on the boat.

rwp48":1koyzg0w said:
Pretty sure my side and rear windows have Diamond Seaglaze labels. I'll check next time I'm on the boat.
Negative....I just replaced all of mine with DSG windows. Parker uses DSG only for the front due to higher costs. The Pompanette's are a lower priced window. Trust me on this one as I did quite a bit of research including conversations with the factory on what they install/installed :D.

Here's a DSG Sliding Window:

Here's Pompanette (model Parker installs today):

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0139_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0139_1024.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 748
  • thumb_IMG_0116_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0116_1024.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 748
Did anyone ever find the replacement felt track for the original windows? I'm looking to replace mine too but hate to replace the entire window.

Steve

water bonnet made the side windows (black frame) which went out of business and taylor made bought them. i called taylor made and they couldn't help me.... i tried a good 10 different rubber felt channel inserts for windows and i found that the GC310 Slider Channel for Model 310 on wynne windows works for the old water bonnet windows. you just have to cut your own drain holes in the channel insert.

Luv2fish":1hjwfwax said:
Did anyone ever find the replacement felt track for the original windows? I'm looking to replace mine too but hate to replace the entire window.

Steve

I bought all new gaskets from this guy:
Marine Glass Specialties,Inc.
George Rietheimer President
7801 Colley Rd. Odessa FL. 33556
Phone 813-926-3717
Fax 813-926-8938
E-Mail [email protected]
Web: marineglassspecialties.com

Expensive but the only option I know of without replacing the windows. He bought all of the supply when Water Bonnet went out of business.

willyboy":1jl4taij said:
Does anyone know who makes the sliding windows in the pilot house? If so I need to order the felt track that the window slides in can't seem to find it anywhere online...

The 2013 Parker 2520 XLD has Taylor-Made side windows in the pilothouse (good luck dealing with Taylor-Made; they are pathetic)... The front windows are Diamond Seaglaze. The back non-opening windows in the pilothouse are Taylor-Made. Again, this is on a 2013 Parker 2520 XLD.

Back