Finally finished 2310 in floor box enlargement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbuzzetti

Reaction score
I am having the in floor box on my 2310 made larger, insulated and adding a macerator. I will have to re-locate the stuff I was keeping in there but now I wont have so many ice chests on the deck when doing multi day trips. The enlargement will nearly double the size. You cant believe how much space is under this box.
The water pass through will be left intact and it will use the original hatch and gutters.
I will post more pics as it gets built out. My local boat shop is doing the work. The owner use to be the foreman at Davis Boats in Paso Robles before he opened his own shop (BoatDoc) in Templeton, Ca.
Heres the pic with the box cut out. The hose is the normal drain used for this box. It is right at waterline.
Sorry for the washed out pic. It was too bright outside for iphone to get good pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpg
    IMG_0590.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 706
Wow, how large was the original opening and hatch? Never understood why Parker didn't better utilize under deck storage.

Hi John, that is the original opening. We just removed the original box below deck level. It appears that Parker wanted to keep the drain above waterline so no pump was needed. The box never would drain completely and had to be cleaned out a couple of times per season. The new and much deeper box will be insulated and have a macerator pump.

Brent, I will check to see if I have a pic of deck.

I have ben wanting to do something with that box it always gets wet im looking forward to see your post

Heres a pic of the deck with in floor box. The box will extend forward of the hatch about 4" short of the bulkhead. The pump will be under the step in the cabin. It will use a new above water through hull fitting for the pump out.

I will go by the shop today to see what progress has been made. We have been getting alot of rain in California so progress has been sporadic.

Attachments

• iphone 711.JPG
    iphone 711.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 503
OK got boat back and here is final pics of new 383 qt./95 gallon fishbox/storage.

Pic shows 2 milk crates and 2 5 gallon buckets inside. It does have a macerator that draws from a sump area with SS slotted cover.

We used Coosa board to build sides and bottom as well as sump area.

A PVC pipe was installed first to to drain front bilge to rear bilge so pour foam insulation would not block channel.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 395
FYI we used original hatch and gutters. This gives it a stock look and costs way less to build. We just cut out the storage box below the gutter and went all the way forward to the bulkhead.

I just came across your job and photos. It is an awesome job and great use /improvement of that space. You are correct, I have to clean out my box several time each season due to the build up of rain and washdown water. I wish I had someone out here that could do that for me. Great job!

Back