mounting a gt51 transducer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stripbait

Reaction score
can anybody tell can I get away with just one gt51 thruhull tranducer on a 2013 2520xl on a bracket 300 Yamaha 16degree hull by able to read on both sides on sidescan or do u need two of them an are there any issues on this type of hull thanks for any help

I'm sure you can. But there is some studying to be done.

It needs to be fairly low in the bilge. Ideal is a keel mount if you have a flat spot?

But read the install manual.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/540990

thru-hull2.jpg

hey warthog I sent u picks that u ask for of the back of my boat on trailer to show were I should mount it sent it to ur email I already have atm258 off the back don't want a nother one u told me to mount it on port side across from the hw thruhull but would it work to read both sides I can resend picks if u would like I just don't want to buy everything then it will not work correctly

If I remember right...... You want to keep the existing downVue X-ducer...... Correct?

I have already a furuno 585 with a tm258 that is what on in pick I wanted to add a transducer for the 7610xsr just not sure what would work best for the fishing I do I fish jersery sandy hook area no more than 150 to 200 if I go sharking but most of the time I like to bottom fish blackfish seabass ling I stripebass fish to u were telling me to go with a gt50 thurhull an a b175hw best of both world my question is can I get away with just 1 gt50 to get sidescan or do I just get a transom mount sidescan an ab175hw will hw show me good detail on bottom I just want to be sure before I order parts thanks for ur help I get so many different answers some time I fish shallow 50ft or less reef fishing

For 50ft the sidescan will work well . It's up to you on thruhull or transom.

Personally I dislike transom mount units because they are ugly hanging on the back of a boat with cables running all over.

If I was installing it for you, I'd push you toward a thruhull.

warthog witch transducer do u think will fit my needs the gt50 or 51 for fishing in 200ft an less mostly wreck fish less then 100 thanks again

The 51 is more powerful. It's kinda like...... 250HP will do the job, but the extra 50HP from the 300 sure makes it sweet to push on thru.

stripbait":2moqfq15 said:
warthog witch transducer do u think will fit my needs the gt50 or 51 for fishing in 200ft an less mostly wreck fish less then 100 thanks again

Not to but in to your convo, but I just bought the Garmin unit and asked Garmin that exact question. Like warthog advised go with the 51. I just bought the 94 SV.

Back