Springtime in Maine!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwp48

Reaction score
The sun popped out this afternoon and the temp was actually over 60°, but not by much. But more importantly, the boat yard got Cool Change out of the barn this week. She has fresh bottom paint, the hull is buffed and waxed. The PermaTrim is installed and the motor has been raised two holes on the bracket, to the second hole down.

We loaded the car with a bunch of stuff from the basement and headed to the boat this afternoon. It didn't take long to reinstall the chartplotter so it was only reasonable to do a quick sea trial. Couldn't be happier. The boat steers easier - the helm is much "lighter". And the PermaTrim? Who needs trim tabs?! The bow trims up and down easily with no tabs. I didn't have the opportunity to do in-depth speed tests but that's in the near future. But I know that we ran at over 30kts at WOT turning 6K. Couldn't hit 6K before. Tomorrow we move the boat to her summer slip in Rockland.

Restaurants are reopening and my favorite ice cream place has hung out their shingle for the season. Summer can't be too far away! It's time to go radar shopping!

Congrats on your successful first run of the season and on the happy performance from your mods. I'm a big fan of the Permatrim as you know. One of the best couple of hundred I've spent on mine. I was coming back from the Cape last weekend the back way across a shallow sound with that 2' white cap short period stuff and I just dropped the tabs and motor with my Permatrim and just punched through it at about 3400 and 15mph with the prow of the bow down and no pounding. The extra control is great. Enjoy your season!

Back