Porta potti and cabin drain help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offshore

Reaction score
I have had my parker 2120 for a little over a week now. Am slowly getting familarized with it. So happy with this 2013.

The previous owner used the porta potti quite a bit. I bit the bullet and disassembled and pulled it out to give it and the area a deep cleaning. Through the process I figured out how the toilet itself works but I am a little foggy on how the system transfers the waste from the toilet holding tank to the boats holding tank. There were 2 hoses connected to one connection at the back of the unit.

That's question 1.
Question 2 has to do with the drain in the cabin. After washing down the inside the water drained down that hole into somewhere. Is it the waste tank? Probably a rookie question. How to do get this water out?

Thanks!

The drain in the cabin floor runs down a PVC pipe that goes under the fuel tank and empties into the bilge. From there, it goes out via taking the drain plug out or the bilge pump. The Porta is a sealed system. Porta to tank only.

yep a PVC or equivalent pipe is under the cockpit.
Sometimes called a limber or limber hole

Most likely full of stuff and drains slowly, Try flushing with a hose and nozzle from the rear bilge is an easy way then go forward and remove any gems

The center or cabin bilge area has a low area and doesn't always drain well unless the front of boat is elevated.

When washing the boat, I like to add water, soap and bleach mix (hot water if available )

That makes sense about the cabin drain. Since the boat is parked right now maybe it will just take a little time running on the water to angle the water back to the bilge/drain plug area.

For the porta potti is there supposed to be a pump that sucks the waste from the potti system through those hoses to the waste tank of the boat?

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is a picture of the hoses that run from below deck to the toilet.

Attachments

• 20170530_214147.png
    20170530_214147.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 412
I've never had this set up but I'll toss out a guess anyway. The large one takes the waste to the tank, my guess is that the small one is some type of vent hose? Small one is what I'm not sure about. You should have some type of thru hull vent similar to the one for the gas tank on the side of your boat that is well above the water line. You should also have access to it from the inside somehow. Look for that white hose as the fuel side will use black hose.

Interesting. I thought these were std on parker.
I do have a toilet but took it out to clean and empty.
The toilet comes with a water reservoir so I do not think the small hose is for water. Must be a vent?

This had to be factory installed. Call them & ask I have never seen this on a 2120 seems like overkill we all have Porti Potties.

" Bean "

You don't have a boat holding tank. That plumbing is for a remote pumpout. Part 4b.

parts-diagram-NEW-Porta-Potti-260B.gif

http://www.thetford.com/part/porta-potti-260b/

I have a 2013 2120 also and to my knowledge there is no holding tank. The Porta Potti holds 6 gallos and that is it. The big hose is for the pump out fitting and the small hose is a vent hose

The large hose is the pump out hose. Connects at the deck to the pumpout hose from the dock. The smaller hose is a vent. You can disconnect them and put the cap back on the potty tank to make it a regular potty. You remove the potty, separate the top from the bottom, then empty the tank into the house toilet. I have the same setup in my Parker23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back