Windows replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenwood, Indiana & Charlotte Harbor, Florida
We plan to replace the front windows on our 19994 Parker 2320 EC using the same Wynne windows and requesting longer adjuster arms.

Has anyone replaced them? Know the measurements?

We plan to call Wynne but asking the CP experts

We might pull the windows and measure the rough opening but will limit using it for up to 6 weeks probably shorter manufacturing time.

What did you for bedding compound? Ours have not leaked and want to use the same stuff. Ours have corroded and the glass is cloudy.

I assumed they used tempered glass.

I appreciate any comments and feedback.

Thanks

I replaced all of my original "black framed" Wynne windows with Diamond Sea Glaze. I would think the process would be the same regardless of manufacturer...I worked with a local fiberglass repair company on the project and it was two steps. 1st step: remove the old windows to trace out the EXACT openings on heavy stock cardboard clearly marking everything per instructions. It is important to reflect if you are tracing from the outside in or vice versa. The hardest part of the job was removing the original sealant (not sure what it was but it was a black messy sealant). We then put the original windows back in while the new ones were ordered although this was off season so I was not worried about using the the boat and resealing them. We applied some shrink wrap over the windows just for extra weather protection. The new windows took about 6-8 weeks to be queued up to be manufactured/shipped. 2nd step: reinstall the new windows - not sure of the sealant but it was listed on Diamond Sea Glaze website I believe.

In the end, I am really am happy with the new windows - the DSGs are a nicer quality and do not leak but came with a hefty price tag. We did experience an issue with the first shipment of DSG windows not fitting properly but in the end, they stepped up, admitted fault, and addressed it quickly all on their dime.

Since you are staying with Wynne, you might get lucky and check with them to see if they still have the dimensions for your 2330 to avoid having to make templates. It was necessary in my case since I was changing manufacturers. I would imagine that all 2320 (or 2330) front Wynne windows were the same size and not custom one offs.

My Wynne front opening starboard leaked badly and the frames were starting to corrode a bit. DSG are just a nicer quality IMHO. I chose plain anodized finish (like Parker now uses)...you do have to keep them clean and dry to avoid pitting - I also apply Rupp Alumaguard. Powder coating or painting were also DSG finish options as an additional charge but I preferred plain anodized for aesthetics, long term durability. Good luck.

My DSGs are tinted green (just like Parker installs). Yes, tempered glass. Not sure of the bedding but DSG could tell you.

I replaced the Wynne Port window..... Originally it was fixed.... Now it opens....Which I find is mandatory.

What Wynne had me do is call Parker with the boats serial number from the transom.

That then let them check their records for the order# to Wynne......Then Wynne used that number to look up the original build.

There is a slight veneration that I don't like......Its the length of the wing bolts....Their shorter. :( Other than that It's a Great fit.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=350

Thanks Wart

Looks like a difficult tedious task pulling them. Mine has black goop.

Are you using Fluid Film or other product as PM on them?

Did you remove the chrome windows latches and add Teflon paste to the area where it is bolted to frame.

Mine are all corroded in this area?

Did using tempered glass?

Which window tine color?

What did you use to seal them?

Thanks again

jpg1969":bv1x6mt6 said:
I replaced all of my original "black framed" Wynne windows with Diamond Sea Glaze. I would think the process would be the same regardless of manufacturer...I worked with a local fiberglass repair company on the project and it was two steps. 1st step: remove the old windows to trace out the EXACT openings on heavy stock cardboard clearly marking everything per instructions. It is important to reflect if you are tracing from the outside in or vice versa. The hardest part of the job was removing the original sealant (not sure what it was but it was a black messy sealant). We then put the original windows back in while the new ones were ordered although this was off season so I was not worried about using the the boat and resealing them. We applied some shrink wrap over the windows just for extra weather protection. The new windows took about 6-8 weeks to be queued up to be manufactured/shipped. 2nd step: reinstall the new windows - not sure of the sealant but it was listed on Diamond Sea Glaze website I believe.

In the end, I am really am happy with the new windows - the DSGs are a nicer quality and do not leak but came with a hefty price tag. We did experience an issue with the first shipment of DSG windows not fitting properly but in the end, they stepped up, admitted fault, and addressed it quickly all on their dime.

Since you are staying with Wynne, you might get lucky and check with them to see if they still have the dimensions for your 2330 to avoid having to make templates. It was necessary in my case since I was changing manufacturers. I would imagine that all 2320 (or 2330) front Wynne windows were the same size and not custom one offs.

Do you have order info, windows size, etc?

Mind if I ask the price?

I used the Tefgel.... But they still coroide.... Here's the thing....Windows open.....gets splashed on.

End of the day....Tired... Close windows wash the boat..... and you forget about the inside.

Then you have the kids down there and your in the Crows nest running....They don't close them.... :(

boy this topic really caught my eye. I have diamond seaglaze front windows on my 2520 that are leaking and pitted, and have me really shaking my head. I have the same question as Brent can you share the rough cost of the windows from diamond seaglaze? Very interested in seeing the feasibility.

Thanks, Bo

I replaced both front fixed windows with new Wynn opening style two years ago. Sent Parker my hull ID but they told me they had lost all of the older information mine is a 99 2520. Anyways, I contacted Wynne and they told me to buy a roll of construction paper (walmart) and tape it to the outside front of the windows and "rub" the extreme outside of the window frame and label them port outside and starboard outside. I then rolled them up and shipped them to Wynne and they send me two perfectly fitting new windows. Removing the old ones was a bit of work but not too bad, remove the screws inside, then use two putty knives, one to protect the gelcoat around the window frame and the other to push beneath the frame and work your way around. Even after going all the way around it is still a good push from the inside to get the windows free.....Good Luck.

99Parker2520":1lqwowtu said:
I replaced both front fixed windows with new Wynn opening style two years ago. Sent Parker my hull ID but they told me they had lost all of the older information mine is a 99 2520. Anyways, I contacted Wynne and they told me to buy a roll of construction paper (walmart) and tape it to the outside front of the windows and "rub" the extreme outside of the window frame and label them port outside and starboard outside. I then rolled them up and shipped them to Wynne and they send me two perfectly fitting new windows. Removing the old ones was a bit of work but not too bad, remove the screws inside, then use two putty knives, one to protect the gelcoat around the window frame and the other to push beneath the frame and work your way around. Even after going all the way around it is still a good push from the inside to get the windows free.....Good Luck.

Thanks!

Wynne made mine from the templates that I sent them. Had to grind a little bit here and there but a good fit. Yours should be no different.

Thanks

Our new plan to remove the windows carefully someday to prevent gelcoat damage then measure the opening

Parker was called and they gave us 2 part #s, both were too small to our measurements but Parker tried

Wynne said the windows are very tight fitting and the old windows will not be reusable after removal. Wynne had 2 windows spec sheets within 1/8" of our measurements and now recommends removing old ones and drawing templates

We decided to wait until a local guy who does a lot of work on Grady White boats and some Parkers, and let him look over the windows again. He has removed a lot of leaking windows and was very helpful and familiar with Wynne windows.

Back